I almost drank my 7 of Pentacles, it tasted awful!

Stark Raven

Yesterday morning I had some things to attend to online. I was really focusing on what I was working on, simultaneously sipping my blacker than black coffee. I had noticed that the coffee tasted awful but didn't pay any attention as we have hard water, some days it tastes kind of weird, no biggie. Anyway, finally I look down, there's my RWS pocket size trimmed 7 of Pentacles about 7/8s submerged. Hmpff. Not impressed. That's a deck I worked hard on to get it just right. That darned 7 of Pentacles, that's the third time something came up that caused that card to need a major overhaul, and here we go again.

Well then I knew why the coffee tasted so weird. The last time I had to work on that card I sealed it by spraying it with aerosol hairspray a few times; then I coated it with fanning powder. Anyway, this time I rinsed it thoroughly then damped it off between paper towels; repainted the front of it to give it a fresher look, then sealed it again with hairspray and fanning powder. The back I decided not to touch, it is now, consequently, browner than the rest. So the question I have for you is this - what are your strange Tarot stories that come to mind when I relate this tale of woe? Are there any cards in any decks that keep begging you for attention? Have you ever drank a Tarot card?

daisy chain

i dont like the heiraphant : such a sterile card

and i am piesies so it is my signatary card

go figure ;

Amanda

:laugh:

How in the world did it get into your coffee?! :D

The only thing that's happened to me like this: The Knight of Wands from my Tiny Tarot got completely soaked in diaper rash cream. But I have kids so not quite as unexpected as almost drinking a card in your coffee. LOL

Stark Raven

:laugh:

How in the world did it get into your coffee?! :D

The only thing that's happened to me like this: The Knight of Wands from my Tiny Tarot got completely soaked in diaper rash cream. But I have kids so not quite as unexpected as almost drinking a card in your coffee. LOL

The Tarot deck it belongs to was sitting on a stand besides my computer stand. The strange thing is I can't see any way for it to get from one place to the other without my awareness. Hmmm, isn't that odd...

I guess your knight doesn't look the same as it did before either!

Stark Raven

i dont like the heiraphant : such a sterile card

and i am piesies so it is my signatary card

go figure ;

Isn't that funny, I find the good side of the Hierophant inspiring and identify with that aspect. But isn't that Murphy's law, that it's your card!

starrystarrynight

Ayces Wylde said:
...Yesterday morning I had some things to attend to online. I was really focusing on what I was working on, simultaneously sipping my blacker than black coffee. I had noticed that the coffee tasted awful but didn't pay any attention as we have hard water, some days it tastes kind of weird, no biggie. Anyway, finally I look down, there's my RWS pocket size trimmed 7 of Pentacles about 7/8s submerged...
Maybe because the 7 of Pentacles isn't quite ripe yet. :)

claire-marie

loved this story

Great thread topic too. Hope more people have weird stories about tarot cards insisting themselves.

Claire-Marie

tarotbear

I had a card crack once; I am the only person that touches or shuffles the cards, so I have no idea when it could have happened! I carefully flexed the card and applied white glue with a toothpick into the crack, then reflexed it flat, wiped off the excess, and let it dry under a weight.

I don't remember which card offhand, other than I think it was a Four.