the queen as empress?

HOLMES

I was thinking as i rode to town today , is the queen as an emperess possible ?
(i know people might be inclined to put her as queen court cardd as well).

i know some tarots put the emperess as a fair lady in her mids 20s to 40s depending pregnant..
and i think the thing the most against the queen is her age, being that it been 30plus years since she was able to fertile.
there is also the connection to the nature that is missing, as we usually see the emperess as surrounded by nature, at one with the land.

but it is possible. i mean she has weekely meeting with the british prime minister every week giving as good advice as she can based on her sources. you see during the diamond jubliee the claims she was informed better then the aids of the prime minister sometimes.
also she was said to be serving the people of those she is queen of and the people is the land at least medievilally speaking (nowdays the people being population based are just as much the city).
if we update the emperess to reflect that she is one with the city/technology just as much as the land.

then the people were angry at her over lack of paying taxes (which be redunant as the taxes of the people help out with the monarchy ) so she paid them,,
and they were angry in the movie the queen (which is what i based this one ) for not being at one with them over the death of diana, so she showed up there to show her support at the end.
then again the queen being a private person didn't now how to show her feelings, and was too caught up in protocol and had to adapt to fit the new people wants.
hm,

it is what i was thinking about today and so i put it out there.

edited to add

it also occured to me that she might fit better with the marsielles emperess, or possibly the thoth i have to look at my lon milo crowley book.

MandMaud

Yep!

Hi Holmes, just saw that you had no replies to this thought...

I don't know Marseilles or Thoth, but I think you're onto something here. The Queen as matriarch is 'mother' not only to the people but also being the grandmother 'apex' of her own family.

ETA: And the Empress is a queen after all.

As regards nature, she does love to walk the hills and gets on very well with horses and dogs! Then there is the punning way of saying she cares about the land = the country = the nation...

I do think she cares deeply and works hard to decide what is right and to do it.

My opinion on monarchy, as a thing, is a long way from (and more fuzzy than) my opinion of the individuals that are trapped within royalty.

What about Diana as Moon though...? ;)

ps There's some Moon in the Queen now I think about it: who knows what she's thinking? And I meant to say, a strong element of the Hierophant in her. The role bigger than the person. Tradition.

HOLMES

ah

thanks mandmaud for offering you takes on that.

the part about her walking through the hills and enjoying nature helped me to understand the connection.

Sulis

I take it you're talking about Queen Elizabeth II and not the tarot queens?

Well she's 'Empress' of what used to be The British Empire (now called The Commonwealth) so I don't see why not.

MandMaud

There are many similarities and overlaps between the Queen Pents and the Empress and they can be read the same way in a reading. Not sure you could say the Queen Cups and the Empress are interchangable.

That's funny, I always think of the Q of Cups as more Empressy than the Q of Pents. Love, nurture, mother... but of course the QoP has physical looking after, material growth etc... and the Queens in general all go with the Empress anyway.