Help. How to charge cards?

kamya26

I have started doing tarot since January 2012. its been just 5 months and I feel slightly disconnected with my deck! I just don't feel right with it!
I was wondering is there some way to charge my cards to bring back the connection?

Somewhere over internet I found people advising in such situations to use new deck however I do not feel it would be of help. Also rider waite is a good deck. I am still learning . Please help!!

Also I have been using isochronic tones to open my pineal gland. Could this be any sort of reason?

Dan181

The rider deck can be generic because most deck reading methods are base on this deck. The rider system focuses on creating a connection with the image. A themes deck helps create a connection with the image that you can relate too. I stared with a theme deck to first peak an interest in the images and got a rider much later to help learn the system. A theme deck might help depending on your interest and create a connection to the cards.

Grizabella

I went through phases where I thought I had disconnected from my deck but I had just come to the place where I needed a rest to replenish myself before picking them up and going on again.

I never charge a deck, as it's called. Some folks do. If it makes you feel better, do it, but they're not like a battery. They're paper and ink, as so many of us always say. :)

The connection you feel with the cards is in your own mind. When you've been using the cards intensely, especially when you're learning them, it's like a glass that gets too full of water. No more will fit. You need to give your mind time to settle with everything you've learned and then you come back to it refreshed and you'll probably find you've learned a lot more than you thought you did. Moving on to some other deck at this point will just confuse you. Later on, when you're more experienced, moving on to a fresh deck will just refresh your mind and help you feel more excited about the cards again.

Chronata

I guess you could charge them...there are many ways to do it...from sleeping with them under your pillow to bathing them in moonlight.

But I don't really think those methods work all that well.

To feel really connected to your cards you need to use them.

As often as possible.

And not just for readings!

My favorite way to connect to a deck is by sorting the cards. You sort them into piles that make sense to you. (using a few...like say...25...at a time) then you resort the same cards into different categories (like by common color, or by number, or by how they make you feel.)

Another great way to connect with the Rider specifically, is to go through each card and write a few words about what you see. Or make up a story that the card might be illustrating. Give the figures names, or jobs. Imagine what is going through their head at the time the "snapshot" is taken of them on that card.

After doing this the cards will be YOURS. And you will find the connection will almost always be there, and will enhance your readings with something extra and potent.

kamya26

I went through phases where I thought I had disconnected from my deck but I had just come to the place where I needed a rest to replenish myself before picking them up and going on again.

I never charge a deck, as it's called. Some folks do. If it makes you feel better, do it, but they're not like a battery. They're paper and ink, as so many of us always say. :)

The connection you feel with the cards is in your own mind. When you've been using the cards intensely, especially when you're learning them, it's like a glass that gets too full of water. No more will fit. You need to give your mind time to settle with everything you've learned and then you come back to it refreshed and you'll probably find you've learned a lot more than you thought you did. Moving on to some other deck at this point will just confuse you. Later on, when you're more experienced, moving on to a fresh deck will just refresh your mind and help you feel more excited about the cards again.

I really think you are RIGHT! I have been reading , learning and thinking too much. Even ordered angel cards. Maybe I just need to be myself. however I would like to give "sleeping with my cards under the pillow" a try

kamya26

I guess you could charge them...there are many ways to do it...from sleeping with them under your pillow to bathing them in moonlight.

But I don't really think those methods work all that well.

To feel really connected to your cards you need to use them.

As often as possible.

And not just for readings!

My favorite way to connect to a deck is by sorting the cards. You sort them into piles that make sense to you. (using a few...like say...25...at a time) then you resort the same cards into different categories (like by common color, or by number, or by how they make you feel.)

Another great way to connect with the Rider specifically, is to go through each card and write a few words about what you see. Or make up a story that the card might be illustrating. Give the figures names, or jobs. Imagine what is going through their head at the time the "snapshot" is taken of them on that card.

After doing this the cards will be YOURS. And you will find the connection will almost always be there, and will enhance your readings with something extra and potent.

I would try sleeping wih them under my pillow . Thanks

rota

'charging the cards' can't hurt, but really, you read well when you're connected to Yourself. it's not so much the cards.

just come back to the cards when you feel like reading again. or maybe someone will ask you for a reading.

Yineth

I would try sleeping wih them under my pillow . Thanks

FYI: If you do plan on putting your deck under your pillow to sleep... Try putting them inside the pillowcase/cover. Less likelihood of them falling off your bed or anything ;)

kamya26

hahah! Thanks

Cenozoic

I started in January 2012 too! I began with a themed deck that I adored, but now I'm getting more into the imagery of the RWT deck.

I did charge my deck using a quartz crystal I placed on top of it (even trying to do it during a full moon), reordering the whole deck, and putting it under my pillow when I slept. I did it mainly for comfort though.

But really, the deck just works regardless of all the silly things I put it through. XD It didn't change the decks performance at all. And I didn't feel any more or less attached to it.

If you feel guilty about not spending enough time with a deck, why don't you simply ask it a question then? With my deck, sometimes I just talk to it. I just ask "how are you" and pull out a card, or "Who am I talking to?". I pulled out 8/Wands, the "energy" card once. And in my other deck (Osho Zen Tarot), I pulled out a card that said "The creator". XD It's pretty awesome.

Well that's my two cents :) Hoped it helped ya!