unique crystal formations - what are they?

DeLani

Hi gang,
I just got back from Hot Springs (Ark.) with another batch of quartz crystals! :D
Now there are a few that are very oddly shaped, and I can't find any info on them in any crystal books. I'll try to take pictures of them if you think it will help, but here are the descriptions:
1. The "triple crystal" is just one crystal, but at the terminus, instead of coming to a point, it "divides" into 3 points. This is not 3 crystals growing together; it is one crystal with 3 points on one end. It seems like it would be very powerful for some reason.
2. The "diamond pyramid" crystal: This is so weird looking. It is actually a tablular double terminate, with lots of fairy frost. But, the way it has grown, it is shaped like a diamond (or kite), with the top and bottom being the flattened terminations. One side of it is more or less flat, and the opposide side comes up into a kind of diamond-shaped pyramid (but the point of the pyramid is not the terminus - the two terminations are at the top and bottom of the diamond shape). Oh, heck, I hope that describes it well enough.
3. The "Triangle" crystal is also a tabbie, but grown into a triangle shape (the point of which is the terminus, the bottom the matrix). One side is more or less flat with littler crystals growing on it. The other side is an almost perfect triangle and the one face (facet?) in the center is a perfectly flat, clear isosceles triangle that looks like a window.
These crystals are so unique, they seem to have some sort of power (however you see it), but I can't seem to figure out what it is.
If you have any ideas, or if you've encountered similar shapes of crystals, let me know! Thanks!

IrishRiotGrrrl

Hey, hows it going? Well I have a crystal like the first one you described. It's pretty large, about the size of a hand and wrist. It is one crystal but comes to several heads...it's very neato to say the least. It was given to me as a gift from my mother in law for Christmas or Yule (which ever you prefer). Anyways, when she gave it to me, I knew nothing of what to do with it, except use it to aid me in my magick, meditations and healings. Do you use your crystals for anything like that? I'm just curious. I wish I could tell you more about them and I'm going to watch this thread in case someone can tell you more about them because honestly, I would like to know as well. I just wanted to share with you that I have a strange looking crystal too so you dont feel alone. LOL! Later.

DeLani

That sounds pretty cool. I "collect" (more like obsess) quartz crystals from Arkansas. Unlike most collectors, I value crystals that are unique in some way. The energy of crystals is so soothing and healing for me, I always feel so much better around them.
I use some of my crystals for magic and healing. I charge each specific crystal for a particular purpose. For example, I have a long crystal point (about 7" long, about 1 1/2 " wide) that I use as a wand for directing magical energy; 2 double terminates that are charged for balancing and harmonizing the aura, and are meant to be held in each hand during a healing; a very clear double terminate that I carry with me all the time; and a large milky point (about 3" across) that is for sending energy from a circle. I have also a very dark amethyst cluster that I keep in the drawer with my tarot cards.
Most of the others are just kind of 'generic' crystals, until I find a suitable purpose for them.
I am going to take pictures and post them when I get the film developed. These crystals are really one-of-a-kind.