Are some things beyond tarot?

Aset

I don't really know how to word this. But is there ever a time when tarot isn't the best way to communicate something? Particularly for those who are psychically sensitive (if that makes sense), have you ever found that it's better to just trust your intuition or to intuit some other way other than to try to read cards about a situation? Or perhaps that the cards have even told you this? I've been having some strange experiences lately when trying to read. "The cards" have been obstinate (in quotations because I don't actually believe in a tarot entity). When attempting a query the other day, nothing was popping out at all. Like "it" was refusing to talk. I asked why, and the answer popped in my mind: because there is no card adequate enough to describe [the situation].

NorthernTigress

I wouldn't say that there are things that are "beyond" tarot. But there does seem to me that there are things that tarot isn't good at answering. Tarot isn't good at yes or no questions. It's like trying to ask a poet a direct question. You'll get lots of imagery, metaphor, etc, but you won't get a simple straight answer. For yes/no, use a pendulum. That's what they are meant to do. Also, except for certain very skilled readers, tarot isn't very good at answering "When". Tarot could almost considered to be "outside of time". For me at least, when someone asks me "when will this happen", I am much more likely to get "after you do this" or "if that happens" rather than "on this date".

Disa

I really feel like the meanings are there, but sometimes I'm just not reading the answers properly. As though, it's right in front of me, but I can't see it-because maybe I haven't learned that aspect of the card yet.

I don't use the tarot much for my own personal readings, I mostly rely on intuition for my day to day life. When I do readings for myself, they are usually to try to just get clarification as to what I can do in a situation to make it better, or to see if there is a side to the situation that I didn't think about. (Now that I've typed that out I guess that's why a lot of people do readings for themselves....the point being, I'm not usually looking for specific answers, but rather clarification.)

danieljuk

agree with NorthernTigress that sometimes tarot is not so good in some areas or even if you badly ask the question. Asking when am I going to die? or when will I meet my soulmate? is probably not going to give you a 100% accurate answer on the exact day that it will happen.

In terms of doing spreads about something and feel like you keep getting blocked, I wonder if the tarot is saying "its not the time for you to know this". I was reading a thread on here and some people were mentioning that combinations of cards in their spread mean to them, stop and don't continue on this subject. I think someone said that the High Priestess is a card for them that does that after another card. Perhaps that is one answer which you shouldn't know at this time or perhaps you already know the answer. Give it a rest a while and try again, maybe there will be new insight :) you could try doing a spread "what do I need to know about *this subject*?" Some people have written in other threads about feeling blocked in anything they ask and all spreads. I think then its best to have a total break from tarot and come back to it, or try cleansing your deck / trying with a new deck

Grizabella

Maybe at those times, you're meant to figure out the answer within yourself instead of turning to divination for it. Or maybe it's something you're supposed to just wait and see what happens rather than knowing the answers ahead of time.

Aset

Maybe at those times, you're meant to figure out the answer within yourself instead of turning to divination for it.

This is exactly what I think is happening. Problem is, I use divination because I don't trust myself LOL. Perhaps that's the point.