The yu-gi-oh oracle

Yami Yugi

Weeks ago i said i was working on a yu-gi-oh oracle. Well after weeks of free time wasted i have compiled the ultimate yu-gi-oh oracle deck are you ready? The deck is your personal dueling deck. What not suprised enough. Well if your a serious duelist like me your deck has been through a wide range of emotions as it has absorbed from you during any tight duel. Plus every card is symbolic. I mean if it is your deck you chose every card right. And every card means something to you at least on a small scale. So anyone who has yu-gi-oh cards lying around the house or has a child who plays the game try picking up a deck and do a reading.

Gerbear

My deck is a Gravity Bind/Legendary Ocean deck. It's mainly defensive, with Goblin Attack Force and Legendary Fisherman for offense. A lot of spell and trap cards fill it out. Can you give an example of a reading with your deck? I see nothing divinatory in mine.

Yami Yugi

One word: More monsters okay maybe two without a large amount of monsters your deck barely holds enough subject archetypes. Think of the monsters as people or subjects and conditions about you or someone else. Traps symbolize events that are just waiting to suprise you. And magic is the workings around you that effect you in different ways. Oh btw gravity bind and legendary ocean aren't worth it in a dueling deck I tend to avoid them cause thare are way too many counters for them and stalling can cause you to lose focus unless in a tight spot. :)

Gerbear

I like the challenge of 'thinking' while I duel, and I win against beatdown and burn decks consistently. I'm even good against Jinzo, but graveyard using decks are my nemesis. About half my deck is monsters, and I just love to turn the smug looks of my opponents into gasps of amazement. I attack and never stall.
Btw, thanks for the insight into the divination aspect.

Vilyariel

Do you think that system could work with other CCG decks like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or even (don't hit me) Pokemon?

Gerbear

I don't know much about any other CCG's except Pokemon. However, it should work with them all.

Yami Yugi

The .hack TCG is coming out on Oct. 15 you can be sure i'll be studying the cards for divanatory possibilities. It should work with all the other TCGS everything in this world carries a kind of symbolism that relates to our lives, Wait, what did i just say?

Sayonaran

a card that repesents you?

I decided to read what was here before posting my comments...

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I'm 35 and I play with what everyone considers a kid's game. (I'm just a big kid at heart, i guess...)

Well, I was wondering, what if you can never find a suitable dueling deck and keep picking up cards that are pure crap in a duel and use them instead as a seperate deck? I found that I keep two sets of decks here, one is my okay deck (it wins a few tourneys, but not a lot) and one is the deck of pure crap, but means something somewhere? Maybe that's the deck you should use?

I mean, I've redone my main dueling deck almost a thousand times, but this one deck I've set aside rarely gets changed. It owns mainly spellcasters and a few magic cards here and there, and I've tried it out. It does work well (aside from odd looks).

Well, that's my two cents....

Sayonaran

more thoughts

I got cut off (boss over my shoulder), but I'd like to say more...

Is it possible to have a certian card that symbolizes something in that particular deck? There are two cards that stand out but they aren't my favorite, but they mean something deep down.

Neo the Magic Swordsman is the card that I can easily id myself with. Even though he's an expert sorcerer and martial arts master, I see it as a definition relating to my art and writing. I'm an expert when it comes to writing (but not published yet) and I've sold several pieces of art.
When I do write a character based off of some part of me, I usually place myself in the samurai's shoes that can use a bit of sorcery. Just a thought on that one, eh?

Othomie (spellcaster/spirit) is the card that I can relate to my Guardian who possess those qualities. So whenever there's some message that I'm not listening to and it's important, I usually pull that card up when I do my various spreads.

I was just wondering that if it's not the deck that counts, but what cards are in it that you can relate to and the meanings they hold dear... Just more of my two cents. :D