A bit disappointed with Legacy of the Divine cards. Any advice please

Elfinglove

Hello all

I'm new here and I am just looking for a it of advice, I've recently been learning about Oracle decks and have recently started using them. At the moment I'm really resonating with the Enchanted Maps card, and so far every reading I have used them for have been really good.

I love the imagery and the thickness of the cards also.

Today my mum gifted me the legacy of the divine Tarots that I had been wanting to get for while, I was so excited but for the cost I felt a bit disappointed :( to be the tarot bag was a bit of a let down and the cards are thin and don't feel of a durable quality. My question is..... are all the card made of the same thin card in the Ciro Marchentti collection? As I was thinking of changing it for another the Oracle of Vision or Lenormand deck.

If not can anyone suggest any other cards with the kind of Enchanted Map thickness?

Much appreciated.

Kind Regards and blessings

byrgypsy

I have both.... I am partial to the thinner and easier to shuffle cards. If you are looking for thicker tarot maybe check out the Pamela Coleman Smith commemorative deck. I know they are thick I am not sure if they are as thick as the Enchanted Maps. I can look when I get home from work.

AJ

there are as many kinds of cardstock as there are members here. Honest.
Ciro's decks are published by Llewellyn now and their decks really hold up.

We really need a library where we can see these things in person :)

You'll probably get a number of decks you aren't crazy about for a lot of different reasons. Sometimes we just have to grow into them because not much fits when we are new to tarot and oracles.

Welcome!

Elfinglove

Thank you very much for the responses :)

I think I'll learn a bit more on my enchanted Map oracle cards and do some readings with them while looking out for some other Tarots I really resonate with.

Again thanks and blessings

:)

ghost271

Ciro's Gilded Royale has a similar thickness to the Map Oracle. But its a pricey deck compared to the LoD. The Legacy deck is my main deck that i use and it shuffles and holds up well.

marimorimo

In my experience oracle and tarot cards, even the flimsier ones, do hold up and could take a fair amount of beating before showing visible signs of damage. With proper care, using a deck for a couple of readings every day for two to three years wouldn't damage cards as much you would think. Unless you strive for pristine museum quality, in which case I recommend keeping the deck in the box and switching to one you wouldn't mind getting beat up ;)