Crystals for stroke recovery

Glass Owl

I'm wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for crystals that would be helpful for someone recovering from a mini-stroke and has blood clotting issues. I read online that lapis lazuli was one but I was wondering about the possibility of others.

Hemera

Hematite instantly came to my mind. Hematite contains iron (like blood) and it restores, strengthens and regulates the blood supply. I think it might help increase blood flow and reduce clotting.

Another interesting option might be Heliotrope which is also called blood stone. It contains iron ore (the red dots) and it has been used to aid poor blood circulation. It is believed to balance circulation by either stopping bleeding or aiding poor blood circulation by preventing clotting.

Glass Owl

Thanks for the suggestions! I totally forgot about hematite and I googled blood stone just now. It is very pretty. I wondering if the combo will work well together. I can't seem to find bloodstone stretchy bracelets (just hematite ones) so I may have to go with a blood stone pendant option.

frac_ture

Hematite and bloodstone seem like great suggestions to me. I also turned up multiple references to sapphire and red coral being of possible aid with something like this (ie., blood, blood vessels, circulation).

Glass Owl

Thanks for the suggestions. I found necklace with red coral and hematite but unfortunately, it was already sold. I'm thinking about maybe creating something that combines some of these ideas together.

DownwardSpiral

Hi Glass Owl,

I stumbled across this website today......
http://www.healingcrystals.com/Crystal_Helpers--Physical_Issues_Articles_1020.html
This is what they list for blood....

Blood
Amethyst-cleanser, used for clots
Azurite-strengthens blood, general
Bloodstone-Circulation, cleanser
Carnelian-oxygenates
Copper-increases flow, cleanser
Garnet-Cleanser
Lodestone
Manganocalcite-clotting
Moss Agate-Circulation
Ruby-blood cleanser
Sodalite-purifies blood, cleansing
Staurolite-purifies blood

Glass Owl

Hi Glass Owl,

I stumbled across this website today......
http://www.healingcrystals.com/Crystal_Helpers--Physical_Issues_Articles_1020.html
This is what they list for blood....

Blood
Amethyst-cleanser, used for clots
Azurite-strengthens blood, general
Bloodstone-Circulation, cleanser
Carnelian-oxygenates
Copper-increases flow, cleanser
Garnet-Cleanser
Lodestone
Manganocalcite-clotting
Moss Agate-Circulation
Ruby-blood cleanser
Sodalite-purifies blood, cleansing
Staurolite-purifies blood

Thank you so much for the link. This is especially helpful since it may help get to the root of what caused the stroke which is a blood disorder that causes clotting.

Padma

also, Glass Owl, if I were you I would wear it as a pendant - the larger the better, and wear it near the heart, the center of all circulation...make the chain or strap or ribbon just long enough so the pendant hangs exactly at heart level, with the top being up near the top of the heart....you could also wear earrings too, since strokes have to do with the head...

The others here have all given you great suggestions for beneficial stones to use, and there are also these (with some repeats from the others, lol!)

stones for the brain are aqua aura, amazonite, opal aura, lapis, rutilated quartz, turquoise...

for circulation of blood, carnelian, garnet, ruby, and both tree and moss agates.

ETA - Glass Owl, I just read that the Almandine garnet is the correct garnet for the blood clot issue...fairly common, so should not be hard to find, nor too expensive -

Padma

Glass Owl - if you wanted another stone for the stroke and clotting thing, I read yesterday that black sapphire is one of the best stones to prevent clots, and to improve circulation...just thought I would let you know! :D

exotik1

Sorry this is a bit late, im getting back into the aclectic forum after a looong hiatus. Ive got Bloodstone/Heliotrope as well as crystals like red tiger eye for feelings of apathy and "minor depression", which is psychosomatically associated with mini strokes . Hope he has a full and easy recovery. xo

Love and Light,
farida

~advertising removed by moderator~