Chatzy.com as a chat method for readings. Has anyone tried it?

Grizabella

Last night I went looking for a means of providing live chat readings for clients who sign up for readings on my website and found Chatzy.com. Has anyone else tried using this? It looks incredibly easy because there's nothing to download and you don't even have to register with them to use it if you don't want to register. The link is http://chatzy.com if anyone wants to go check it out.

I was just wondering if there's anyone else who has used it for chat and, if so, what might be drawbacks or bugs you've found, if any.

Are there any other suggestions if this one wouldn't be likely to work well?

Yineth

When in doubt try it with someone? ;)

In all honesty, I've never heard of Chatzy before. I'm usually wary about website chatrooms. But you might want to give it a test run yourself :)

There's also Tinychat if you want to go for the route of webcam-chatbox deal.

Grizabella

Tinychat has given the girls internet viruses so I don't want to go that route. I'll give Chatzy a try in the next day or so. Thank you for answering me and I don't know why I didn't see your post sooner. I've been in and out of AT all day, but I guess I just overlooked it.

danieljuk

I have never heard of Chatzy before but you could try it out and see if it works for you Grizabella

A friend has a business website for a DJ / Party service and uses the googlemail chat that Mulya talks about. Customers can start a chat with him from it with no cost for him. It works well except something the customers are soooo slow at typing in the chat :) You just put a "badge" on your site for them to contact you.

Gchat also has video talking and also Google+ has hang outs with video, if you wanted to use video in the reading.

Hope you find the perfect service for your needs

gregory

A forum I am on used to use chatzy for - chat - and it was fine. You can start a new session each time so that thing is there to be hunted down ! But you MUST save anything you want before exiting as it vanishes - as far as I know; unless my mate used to keep it somewhere. Temporary indeed. I can give you details of the person who set ours up as I wasn't paying attention at the tie; I just used the link she sent me ! The only snag is that it was easy for others to join in - I can't recall if there was a privacy option...

annik

From my little experience, it is a more stable chat than *cough* Yahoo. On yahoo, I always seems to get booted once during chat (I compare it to a technological sneeze). I haven't experienced that with chatzy. I agree it is better to save the conversation before log out, if you want to save it. You can also see who had log in and out of the chat room. Beside that, I haven't play much with it (well, beside the color font in the log in section).

Annik

Grizabella

I looked into a google one because there's a chat button you can put on your website that people can use and it turns a green light on when you're online and then lets you know you have someone wanting to chat but the HTML code didn't work with the site builder so I'm going to have to go back and play around some more to see how to make it work, if I can. I think that one would work really well if it's possible for me to figure it out.

Wisp Wings

What about just instant messaging? Is a chat room really better? Just asking and wondering this. Maybe with just a one on one, perhaps.

Grizabella

I downloaded Yahoo yesterday and installed it but then uninstalled it again because it put some other stuff on my computer that I didn't want and it had only given me the option to opt out of one of them, which I did, and it got installed anyway. I don't like that. BUT---there's always meebo.com where you use your ID's for Yahoo and others to sign in and you can private chat that way so I kept the askgrizabella ID from the email to use with meebo and I think that should work well enough.

I tried putting html code in for a chat button but the website builder I'm using didn't let it work for reasons I'm too unsavvy to figure out so I couldn't do that.