Oranum.com -- Anyone familiar/have experience with them?

Yineth

I'm trying to keep calm as I type this, but also feeling a little silly for making a thread too. After fretting around nearly all summer (and spring) about the site, I've finally applied to Oranum as a Tarot reader.
The site seems to cater/call for more Psychics and Clairvoyants, but it's an overall mixed group of everything from what I've observed.

What's gripping at me is whether I'm making the right decision to apply for a reader job with Oranum. There's plenty of mixed opinions on hotline sites, but Oranum seems to be more of the newer ones that is trying to reach the ranks of Liveperson and Keen.

So has anyone worked for Oranum before? I'm tempted to purchase some credits from them to meet with one or two of the readers there to get first-hand experience really...

[Oranum has their sitters purchase credits to use for their readings]

AJ

Just wanted to say good for you for stepping out.
You don't have to sign a contract do you?
I mean what's the worst that would happen if you hated it and quit?
You'd have a new experience under your belt. Everyone has to start somewhere! go for it!

OOnaOwl

I have no personal experience with Oranum. I have, however, been researching
psychic hotlines at which to work. This has led me to a few different online forums where
there is much criticism of the way the advisors at Oranum are treated. I have read so many disfavorable reviews that I have decided not to apply there myself. Some of the main
criticisms that I read are: you must have and use a webcam, preferably at all times even when not working directly with a client. a plethora of folks manipulating for freebies (even more than on other sites). pressure to sign on for certain lengths of time even though it is an independent contract position.

Most of this I read on the Bitwine advisor forum. They seem like a good company to work for, they were even encouraging their advisors to discuss this topic at length.

If you look at some of the newer threads here in the Pro section I have added a list of companies to work for that I have heard of.

Best of luck to you, bless!

Yineth

Just wanted to say good for you for stepping out.
You don't have to sign a contract do you?
I mean what's the worst that would happen if you hated it and quit?
You'd have a new experience under your belt. Everyone has to start somewhere! go for it!

Hey AJ,

If you consider 'accepting the terms of service' as signing a contract, then yes. Otherwise there really weren't much record of me needing to sign my soul to them.

I have no personal experience with Oranum. I have, however, been researching
psychic hotlines at which to work. This has led me to a few different online forums where
there is much criticism of the way the advisors at Oranum are treated. I have read so many disfavorable reviews that I have decided not to apply there myself. Some of the main
criticisms that I read are: you must have and use a webcam, preferably at all times even when not working directly with a client. a plethora of folks manipulating for freebies (even more than on other sites). pressure to sign on for certain lengths of time even though it is an independent contract position.

Most of this I read on the Bitwine advisor forum. They seem like a good company to work for, they were even encouraging their advisors to discuss this topic at length.

If you look at some of the newer threads here in the Pro section I have added a list of companies to work for that I have heard of.

Best of luck to you, bless!

Hey OOnaOwl,

I did read some mixed to scathing reviews about Oranum to be honest : /
The webcam thing is a little difficult to deal with, since family could drop into my room at any time.
I'm mostly worried that I won't be able to make the 100 USD quota in the 2-week training regimen (If I'm accepted after the test reading). Does that sound fishy already?-- Yeah, a good chunk... But experiences are experiences. Maybe Oranum will become the 'sweatshop' of Hotline sites, haha.

If anything interesting happens I'll write a lengthy review here for people to enjoy and learn :)

OOnaOwl

Keep us updated on your journey Yineth. May the force be with you! :)

OOnaOwl

Yineth any news on your Oranum experience? I have been visiting the site this week and it has piqued my curiousity and interest. I would love to hear if you have anything to share.

Yineth

Yineth any news on your Oranum experience? I have been visiting the site this week and it has piqued my curiousity and interest. I would love to hear if you have anything to share.

Funny story about that...

Some time last Monday, I received a Skype message from one of the Admins of Oranum. They told me they had to reschedule my training/testing date. So officially, I won't have anything good to tell until after the 27th.

I honestly felt myself die a little when they told me about the reschedule date. I hate waiting xD

But I've been doing some extra snoo-- visiting of Oranum's expert readers to see how they interact with potential clients. Funny thing is the experts are doing the exact items Oranum's training manual tells them not to do. For example, you're not allowed to drink or eat in front of the camera while you're live. According to Oranum this ruins the image of professionalism for the expert and the site.

Go figure, eh?

OOnaOwl

Funny story about that...

Some time last Monday, I received a Skype message from one of the Admins of Oranum. They told me they had to reschedule my training/testing date. So officially, I won't have anything good to tell until after the 27th.

I honestly felt myself die a little when they told me about the reschedule date. I hate waiting xD

But I've been doing some extra snoo-- visiting of Oranum's expert readers to see how they interact with potential clients. Funny thing is the experts are doing the exact items Oranum's training manual tells them not to do. For example, you're not allowed to drink or eat in front of the camera while you're live. According to Oranum this ruins the image of professionalism for the expert and the site.

Go figure, eh?

Well I am sure the retrograding path of Mercury has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the delay, ha!
It will give you the time to plot your strategy for success while doing your "research" ahem! I, too, have been doing similar research. It is a fascinating little world! I have some ideas for my "niche" should I decide to go in that direction. I just launched my full time on line approach a few weeks ago. Do you have any favorite readers or insights into successful styles you have witnessed?
I like that folks listen to the music of their choice as well as take pride in their unique personalities through their dress sense & office decorations.
I notice too that some lean on the chatbox while some like to talk a lot.
I know a lot of performance artists, I am sure it isn't long (if not already) that someone is going to make this their masters in arts school grad thesis piece.

Yineth

Well I am sure the retrograding path of Mercury has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the delay, ha!
It will give you the time to plot your strategy for success while doing your "research" ahem! I, too, have been doing similar research. It is a fascinating little world! I have some ideas for my "niche" should I decide to go in that direction. I just launched my full time on line approach a few weeks ago. Do you have any favorite readers or insights into successful styles you have witnessed?
I like that folks listen to the music of their choice as well as take pride in their unique personalities through their dress sense & office decorations.
I notice too that some lean on the chatbox while some like to talk a lot.
I know a lot of performance artists, I am sure it isn't long (if not already) that someone is going to make this their masters in arts school grad thesis piece.

The individuals who rely on the chatboxes are usually the ones I've observed to have high latency in their connections, aka slower internet.
Officially, all experts are semi-required/expected to provide a spiritual/esoteric background of their workplace. Potential clients do jokingly question the newer experts on their lacking or bare backgrounds when they visit them.

I have not found an absolute favorite in the circle yet, but there are some clair-somethings who sometimes are able to pull a client from their pool of chatroom visitors based on the individuals energies. The expert I observed would provide minor activites and exercises for his visitors to try out (breathing, goal-making,etc) to pass the time and to avoid the mundane question of, "Can I get a free reading?"

I've also seen that having a good looking face brings the clients in. This is going to sound very shallow, but sometimes the number of clients served differs by the individuals race and/or appearance. A newer expert I observed a couple days back was literally flirted with in the free chat (he did have a nice smile...)

So these are what I've gathered as an outside viewer. I can't wait to experience the clientelles for real and see where I get.

As an added note, I do hope what I'm posting doesn't go against ATs rules or anything. I don't want to cause trouble now.

OOnaOwl

Thanks for the update & insights Yineth. Thanks for adding Oranum to the database I started. Hopefully others will benefit from it one day also! :)