Negative Soup

Labhraín

Negative Environment

I have found that there seems to be so much negativity around lately, people seem to be stuck in it and it just feels like a "soup of negativity" that's bogging me down. So, I am looking for stones for protection. I know there are many threads about protection stones, but I need some help in figuring out which kind of protection stone. I need help in narrowing the choices down.

I am confused about which stones are best suited for protection from negative energy in the environment, from other people, etc., basically stuff that comes at you. I don't know if I am supposed to look for stones that protect the aura, are good for psychic protection, reflect negativity, absorb negativity.

What would correspond to external negativity, I guess is what I am trying to describe.

I hope this makes sense and doesn't sound too silly, but I wanted to ask and be sure, since negative energy comes in so many different flavors, and some stones/crystals are better suited for one thing or another (aura strengthening, psychic vampirism, etc.) I searched some threads but I feel a bit overwhelmed with so much information.

Hemera

This is an interesting topic. I haven´t got very much experience in this but I´m interested in learning more and hearing people´s experiences.

There´s one good crystal I know, though. Hematite is good at mirroring negativity away from you and back to the source/sender.

NorthernTigress

My first and best recommendation for negative energy around you is Black Tourmaline. A few years ago, I had a very negative boss where I worked. She wasn't an "energy vampire" or anything, but she was a huge source of chaos. When she visited the store, no one would know if she would be happy/cheery or biting people's heads off. I took to carrying a piece of black tourmaline with me to work every day, just in case.

Here's a little more information on Black Tourmaline.

Labhraín

Great responses

My first and best recommendation for negative energy around you is Black Tourmaline. A few years ago, I had a very negative boss where I worked. She wasn't an "energy vampire" or anything, but she was a huge source of chaos. When she visited the store, no one would know if she would be happy/cheery or biting people's heads off. I took to carrying a piece of black tourmaline with me to work every day, just in case.

Maybe I will try one or both (Hematite or Black Tourmaline). I have a piece of each, but I'd have to have them in jewelry form (it's a hardship, I know) because where I work doesn't allow me to keep crystals or stones on the desk.

I have never worn either stone as a jewelry piece, but like I said, I do have a small piece of each in tumbled stone form, so I have some experience with having them around.

I think Hemera is right - it is an interesting topic and I am glad I brought it up. A lot of people I have spoke to lately have commented on the general negativity surrounding everyone and you just don't know what's going to walk in the door that day: a nasty person or a nice person. I just want to deal with the nice people :)

Maybe I will look into some portable pieces to have on me at all times.

Labhraín

Excellent website, by the way.

Hiding in Shadows

Hi all, Black Tourmaline is one of my go to crystals. Love it, just love it. It's a protector deluxe, but it does give all. Meaning, it's extreme. Watch for headaches, and watch other people. If the person in question is a really negative person, the Tourmaline can actually make their nastiness worse... usually towards you. If you want to give it back, with love, I'd suggest Fire Agate. That makes them aware of what they are doing to other people and they will at least tone it down a bit. Most of the black crystals offer good protection, so there are choices.

Red stones are good too. Red Jasper and Ruby are good if you have them around. If you're worried about your average daily work environment, Tourmaline, Obsidian, Hematite , Fire Agate will be great. Where there is an intimate energy transfer, such as a reading, Labradorite or Lapis is great.

DownwardSpiral

I spent a big chunk of yesterday looking up crystals and there was another one besides fire agate that returns the negativity to sender. If I can find it I'll post here. As far as the crystals you can always tuck stones in your pocket. I have even tucked them in my sock.

Also look into herbs to see what you can use as well.

wildchilde

My go to stone on protection from negativity is also Black Tourmaline. I even carry some with me at all times in a crystal pouch in my purse.

I have not at all had the experience that this stone can make things "worse" with a negative person. Which is why I love it so much. Black Tourmaline is known to be a transmuter of energy, meaning it alters the negative energy into positive around you and generally returns to negative stuff back to the originator. To me it's like have a "bubble" or force field around me that deflects the negative junk.

Labhraín

Awesome thread

My go to stone on protection from negativity is also Black Tourmaline. I even carry some with me at all times in a crystal pouch in my purse.

I have not at all had the experience that this stone can make things "worse" with a negative person. Which is why I love it so much. Black Tourmaline is known to be a transmuter of energy, meaning it alters the negative energy into positive around you and generally returns to negative stuff back to the originator. To me it's like have a "bubble" or force field around me that deflects the negative junk.

This thread is so helpful to me. Thank you so much to everyone for such fantastic input. I really love this discussion. Also, just came across these yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30073820001...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_796wt_1392

http://www.novica.com/itemdetail/index.cfm?pid=164193

I don't know much about fire agate and I have no experience with it but I will try and investigate it further today. That is an interesting suggestion. I thought most, if not all protection stones, especially for external negativity, had to be black, so this is intriguing.

Briar Rose

It took me along to realized and learn that I can control and dismiss negative energy around me. It doesn't stay long if at all these days.

I supposed that if you understand frequencies and how to harness them, I believe that crystals can help a lot since they give off a pulse.