freewill or not?

angelika

I was wondering what experiences anyone has had about avoiding problems they have seen foreseen in readings about the future. Is it possible in your experience? I have done a few readings on the outlook for my year and they point to a build up of issues culminating in March next year as being a critical time (it could all go down the pan - Tower). Someone I know read for me using other cards (not Tarot) back in May and said the very same thing back then too about this. I am wondering if the good people on this forum know whether those times can be steered through more peacefully or avoided altogether. I am clear what the circumstances around my reading are though, of course,not the outcome. It is possibly a philosophical point too - what to do about the future you can foresee?

oddtarot

I believe that it can be changed. If you know what may happen, you could try to free up some time or try not to let too many things happen at once.

angelika

Thanks. I think it can too and I think the tarot has given me a warning in plenty of time that the path I am on now will lead to something destructive which is not in my interest. Treading carefully and considerately will be needed. Thanks for you response oddtarot.

tarotbear

I believe that it can be changed. If you know what may happen, you could try to free up some time or try not to let too many things happen at once.

This is one of the purposes of Tarot - to show you the future possibilities. If you do not like those possibilities - and they are something within your realm of power to change or deflect - that is the reason you were foretold these things to begin with: to put yourself in the driver's seat. That is you exercising your free will.

Tarot is not written in stone. If you don't like something - change it. If you cannot change it - prepare for deflecting or transmuting it's impact. Tarot is not a 'mis-fortune telling device.'

angelika

Tarotbear - I like your faith in the Tarot. And that gives me faith too. Up to this point I have used Tarot to help and guide me for insight and developing intuition in the situations around me and those who need some help in the more immediate future. I have done very little in the way of divination and so was experimenting with long term forecasts. What I saw, from various angles, is clear and so I must find a way to smooth the path. I am glad you have given me faith that I can. Just need to think how and when now!