Charging circles?

Padma

Ok, it's too quiet in here - time to toss another question into the crystal forum! lol!

Last time I was at the crystal store, the girls there showed me this ingenious little device - well, two actually. One is a circle with spokes pointing inwards and a space in the middle, the other is a circle with the points facing out. the top, bottom, and two middle spokes were longer than the others. (for the 4 directions, I am thinking.)

The one with the spokes facing inwards is meant to cleanse the crystal, the one that is points out is meant to recharge it. I watched the girl charge the tourmaline chip necklace I had just bought, and I swear the pinks got redder, and the greens got darker (and remained so.) the whole necklace seemed to vibrate with cheerfulness ;)

So i am wondering if anyone here has ever heard of/seen these metal devices, and if or not you personally think they really work...? Or was I just imagining things? Lol! Any opinions appreciated :)

DownwardSpiral

Ok I have never seen or heard of this but remember I live a sheltered life : )

Thinking out loud here...I would think the spokes pointing in would draw energy to the crystal and the spokes pointing out would cleanse/take away from the crystal. So maybe the spokes pointing out would release the energy to you?

LOL and this is my mind thinking.......can these points scratch the crystals put between them? Or are these good sized circles...say something that sets flat on the table and you set your crystal in the middle? Are they expensive?????

Padma

Ok I have never seen or heard of this but remember I live a sheltered life : )

Thinking out loud here...I would think the spokes pointing in would draw energy to the crystal and the spokes pointing out would cleanse/take away from the crystal. So maybe the spokes pointing out would release the energy to you?

LOL and this is my mind thinking.......can these points scratch the crystals put between them? Or are these good sized circles...say something that sets flat on the table and you set your crystal in the middle? Are they expensive?????

lol! It's meant to be the other way round - the ones with the outer spokes draw fresh energy into the crystal, and the spokes inwards one removes it (the negative energy). I thought like you too, but the girl there showed me how they worked.

They do sit flat on a table, and you can put your stone on top - even a very large one. So they won't scratch anything. Sadly they seem overly expensive to me - $40!!! oi! And you can get really big one, for $80+ because you can even use them on yourself - say, to stand over them to remove negative stuff from your body/aura, and then replenish it. Something about them feels odd - that was why I posted this, to see if anyone else has worked with them. But the one I saw charging my necklace of chips seemed really to work very well! ;p I don't know quite what to think - I guess I shall have to do more research...

wildchilde

I have never heard of them or seen one. I don't believe I would spend that kind of money on it though. Then again I am a cheap skate ;) I prefer my selenite and quartz for cleansing and recharging.

DownwardSpiral

LOL I'm with wildchilde...I wouldn't spend that kind of money either when there are natural ways to do the same thing.

Padma

I am coming to the same conclusion! lol! I just wash mine, and then put them in the garden, in the sun :) this seems to be working very well for my crystals (I feel it is, anyways!) and it is free and natural!

I don't think these metal circles are necessary either. Especially not when Mother Nature can do the job quite well, as she has been doing for centuries! :D