August Decks

greatdane

As we're well into summer and, for me, August kind of heralds the last full month of summer before September and changing leaves and the hint of crispness toward the end, wondering what decks ATers will be using in August as we begin to say goodbye to summer (OR if you're in other parts of the world like Australia and NZ, what decks you'll be using for your season).

I'm using the Pamela Commemorative and will also likely start using the Anna.K more, which reminds me of the end of Summer and beginning of Fall.

Grizabella

I'm using the Anna K right now, but the Fenestra is a nice fall-colored type of deck, as I recall. In fact, I'm thinking of getting it again to use as sort of a "dark sister" to the Ian Daniels Vampyre deck.

I can't believe summer is so far gone already. I swear time speeds up faster and faster the longer I'm alive.

Flaxen

My Autumnal feeling decks are: Paulina, Aquarian, Greenwood (because it pulls me in deep which I always have an urge for in autumn/winter) and Tarot of the Cat People. As the nights drew in more - I will be using BG, Vampyres,New Orleans Voodoo and Ghosts and Spirits. The last one will be especially useful for winter nights and ancestral work.

Morwenna

Autumn won't start for me till after the Pennsic War (ending the 11th of August) and I doubt I'll have time for Tarot till then (too much to do).

But after that, I'm almost positive it'll be the Anna K. (I'm sooo TICKLED I finally got this deck!! :D:D:D) Then probably the Sacred Rose, and in late October it'll be the Halloween as usual.

OOnaOwl

The Aquarian Tarot is definitely the autumn deck of choice for me. The colours so perfectly match the fall landscape where I live. I have enjoyed the Halloween Tarot at season's time too. Other than those two I don't have any particular decks that I associate with a season or month.

greatdane

Aquarian

I just recently (as in weeks) got the Aquarian in a trade. Liked it so much, bought a back up of a 70's edition pre US Games on Amazon. I was thinking of it as more Sept/Oct/or winter, but I can see it for August! Ah the Halloween Tarot! I have that patiently waiting in it's little glittery b/w case with ghosts and bats!

tarot heart

I just recently (as in weeks) got the Aquarian in a trade. Liked it so much, bought a back up of a 70's edition pre US Games on Amazon. I was thinking of it as more Sept/Oct/or winter, but I can see it for August! Ah the Halloween Tarot! I have that patiently waiting in it's little glittery b/w case with ghosts and bats!

I would love to see a pic of your b/w case greatdane!! Halloween is my favorite deck for Autumn..

Chiriku

Nice to see you, greatdane, and nice to welcome back your distinctive seasonal threads. Like you, I am affected by the season and climate in many ways related to my choice of movies, books, activities and decks. for instance, the two decks I used the most in the heat aand greenery of this summer were two very sunny, green decks: Buckland Romani and Hallowquest Arthurian.

August for me will be just as sunny and green, so I might stick with those or else a relatively season-unspecific deck like the PCS Commemorative. But when September rolls around, I will probably switch to ssomething more autumnal, like Hudes, to mentally usher in the autumn for which I eagerly wait.

I think Druidcraft would be a good August deck despite its winter scenes; the cards with greenery stay in my mind the most.

swedishfish612

I'm using the PCS Commemorative right now, too. I'm thinking I will use this one straight through Aug. and Sept. and then switch to something more fall-ish come October. I think I'd like something a little spooky.

Chiriku

And yes, our time here does move astonishingly quickly. You wake up one day and you're 30; you wake up the next and you're 52. Just a few seasons more till you're elder age, G-d or the universe (or just plain health) allowing.