Ocean Jasper and Pain

greatdane

A lovely ATer told me about ocean jasper and some of it's uses. Recently, I tried for an achy hip (I found out that my hip had been fractured, perhaps decades ago, and healed, I never knew I hurt it!). It especially bothers me at night and will often wake me up. I just put a small flat smooth piece of ocean jasper next to my hip under my clothes and for two nights, there has been virtually no achiness. Now I know this is anecdotal, no big scientific proof, but then much regarding stones and crystals is based on the users experience, not scientific studies. I plan to keep doing this just because it appears to be working. I thought of other reasons, including just wishful thinking, but I am a bit of a skeptic, having studied the Scientific Method and one who likes to look at all possibilities. For now, as long as it appears to be working, I will keep doing it! Just wanted to share because that isn't something I would automatically have thought of using ocean jasper for.

wildchilde

That's awesome! thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I have been feeling drawn to ocean jasper but haven't obtained any yet, so it is good to know it works so well on bone pain!

there is actually a lot of "science" behind how and why crystals work to heal our bodies. however, I'm not a very 'sciencey' person so hopefully someone else will be able to provide you some info and/or links about that topic.

greatdane

my pleasure, wildchilde!

And to be honest, I don't care what scientific reason or proof there is to back it up. I have realized there are things science hasn't caught up with yet, that doesn't mean that something can't be explained, just that maybe science hasn't figured it out yet ;-). As long as something seems to be working, that's good enough for me!

A few days ago I had a headache and put rose quartz on the spot (I think it was likely a sinus headache) and the pain was almost completely gone within the hour and I had had the headache most of the day. From the time I placed the quartz on the spot, it started to feel better. Now perhaps the coolness and hardness or density of the quartz just physically helped, but again, the reason doesn't really matter to me, results do :). At least with stones there arn't the side effects like with prescription drugs, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but they don't wreak havoc on your body like many prescriptions can.

DownwardSpiral

The paragraph below was taken from here..http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/ocean-jasper.html

Ocean Jasper may help you to recover from illness physically... as they aid the healing of a range of illnesses at the deep cellular level.

This healing aspect is why it is also known as Cellular Jasper... as within these stone you may notice an arrangement of the patterning that may assist you to repattern your energy to allow for greater self healing.

The energy of these stones may help you to heal physical issues within your internal organs, and in the female reproductive system and to assist with PMS.

They may also aid the digestive system, helping with bloating and skin complaints, and they are known to aid tumors and gum infections. It is known to be helpful for the lymphatic system, assisting you to eliminate toxins that create body odor, and helping the healing of skin complaints such as eczema.

That's great greatdane that it's having such a positive effect on you.

And this.....

Ha! My husband had the Head of Science from our local university in his office today - she is a world-reknowed scientist, highly respected in her field. She saw the black Kyanite wing and the Malachite box I had placed on his desk for protection and strength, and to ward off the negativity of others...and she told him, crystals work very well.

She explained to him that each area of the brain, and all the cells in the human body, are receptive to frequencies; and that crystals carry and emit frequencies at levels our cells understand and hear; and so they work incredibly well to heal the body.

Nice to have a brilliant scientific mind back me up on my beliefs - vindication! lol!

Was taken from here.....http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175302&page=10

That's post # 95.

If the ocean jasper is working for you I would continue to do what your doing : )

greatdane

Ah thanks downwardspiral!

Yes, I would have continued using it anyway, but it IS great to know more about stones! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for including the link and your story! I must admit I was surprised at how it worked as I really hadn't expected much, if anything. I didn't know it could really be used for joint or bone pain, so it was a most pleasant surprise. LOVED your story about the scientist backing you up! I totally get the frequency thing. I want to get a quartz singing bowl for that reason. I hope you post more on this section! I so enjoy learing about stones and crystal. I need a great stones and crystals book!

toj

I have been drawn to getting ocean jasper lately but never looked into its healing qualities. I had not really paid attention to the fact that my back pain has gone away since I have had it around me. Thanks for posting and I am glad that is working for you.

greatdane

Thanks TOJ!

I hope you have great luck with any stones you try and am glad if it is helping your back pain. I don't have a ton of different stones, and just try them for different things and see if they help or not. I have noticed raw (which is SO hard to find, ironically the best kinds often are treated to keep them sturdier and less likely to crumble or chip and for the color) turquoise, which I had a heck of a time finding, but finally did, helps with fatigue when I carry a smallish chunk or two in my pocket.

toj

There is a lot of cheap raw ocean jasper on eBay right now.

Padma

I am glad you enjoyed the quote (that DownwardS posted) about my husband telling me about the crystals working on a cellular level. The person I was speaking about is a world-reknowned and respected scientist...so... :) She must know! lol!

In any case, stones do aid quite a lot in healing. I have had very positive results with other stones like Tourmaline and Citrine, so there is no surprise to me that your Ocean Jasper is working well for you...keep it up! And thanks for posting it, because it sounds like a really useful crystal to have in the medicine cabinet ;)

As you noted, Greatdane, there are no side effects really to using crystals :) I also find them beautiful to look at and lovely to the touch. Glad you are enjoying yours!

greatdane

Thanks Lotus Padma!

I'm glad you clarified that, I misunderstood re whose husband that was in the story!

I am not a huge collector of every stone and crystal, trying to center on ones I wish to try, but my collection is getting bigger! As with essential oils, incense, tarot decks, one can only get so much, especially at a time (unless one is fabulous wealthy!). I think that is a good thing because then we can tell which does what for us. If I am using too many stones or crystals, how do I know which is really doing what?

I love my ocean jasper and all my stones. My all around, all the time are my quartz crystal clusters. LOVE those and have them around the house and even on top of a couple of tarot decks :).