using a Shadow Deck......

Winterchild

I saw mention somewhere (must have been here, on one of my various trips...as it's the only Tarot place I really inhabit...)... of using a deck as a shadow deck for another lighter deck....

I have used shadow cards from the other end of the deck, but never had a dedicated deck... the more I think about it the more I love the idea.... ! Soooo anyone use a Shadow deck? And how do you work it? I can think of a couple of great combinations...... but I only seem to have the darker decks!

Maybe Lisa Hunts Fairytale Tarot and the Ghosts and Spirits? (Both of which were on my wishlist for my birthday.... but must have gotten lost!)

More idea's?

Winter

Grizabella

I've mentioned using one deck as the "dark sister" to another deck. That idea came from using the Bohemian Gothic as the "dark sister" to the Victorian Romantic, I think. The ones I was thinking of using were the Fenestra with Ian Daneils' Vamypre deck as its dark counterpart. If I ever actually do that, the way I'll use them together might be to use 7 cards from the Fenestra with 7 cards from the Vampyres right below that as the pro and con of a question or the obvious and hidden aspects of the question or something like that. At the moment I've only got the Vampyres, though, and when deciding on new decks, I've passed up the Fenestra in favor of decks I've never had before. I had the Fenestra at one time and sold or traded it. Wish I hadn't now but maybe I'll be able to get it again soon.

Winterchild

Vampyre

I have the vampyre but I dont really know the Fenestra.... it is fun trying to come up with combinations though....

I like the dark sister (evil twin....) idea....

I have the Natalie Hertz Vampire and just got the Fantastical in a trade which I love.... I used to have the Faery one but I am not sure if I still do... but they would be good to have..... terrible triplets maybe LOL!

I am trying to think what would be a good companion deck to the Deviant Moon.... I thought that maybe being kind of celestial and lunar, maybe the Gaian (which I don't have), as it is earthy and the people are real as opposed to the gorgeous moon creatures.

Grizabella

Of the decks you have on your collection list, maybe the Morgan Greer would be a good match to the Deviant Moon. Maybe?

The Hertz Vampires and Hertz Fairies would be a good match, probably, but even the Fantastical would be good with the Vampires.

Eeviee

I just posted on a similar thread in Tarot Decks...

I think that the Deviant Moon would be the "dark and deviant" sister to the "sad but sweet" Tarot of the Sweet Twilight. I own both of them, and they are slightly similar as far as abstract humanoid characters go, but I find the Deviant Moon much truer to RWS.
I think something can be said for the Morgan Greer as being the "light" sister to the "dark" Deviant Moon, in the aspect of them both being RWS derivitavies, too. Both have rich colours, as well.

Winterchild

Mg & dm

Not aure about these two.... there is something about the way the occasional bright specs of colour in the DM are picked out by the boldness of the MG... I shall have to look tomorrow, and I must take pics of my soace for the new thread..keep forgetting..