Attack of the Trolls at your Online Reading Job

Yineth

Apologies in advance if this seems a bit ranty, but I had to make some mention of it. I don't know if other people experience this at other Reader Service sites, but this is my personal experience at a site I work at after being there for only 8 days.

This is something I was half-already expecting to occur, but never really gave much

Yep... Everything seemed great... Until a guest visitor appeared in my chatroom and left a concern regarding it.

For those who don't know, I recently got a reading position at *********, an online reading service site where the readers are required to be on live web feed. Overall the place is wonderful, the Admins are super nice, and a lot of non-paying visitors like to re-visit me in my chatroom (The paying ones rarely come back :p). long description of how s/he wanted me to do some lewd behavior for it. It shocked my potential clients and it shocked me. What shocked me more about it was how a guest (who wasn't really allowed access to my chatroom) was able to leave messages.

At first, I decided to laugh it off and ignore it. The random messages were infrequent and they didn't disturb my flow of chatting with the other paying members. It was really last night and today that things became somewhat personal. What I thought was just a random spam bot now became a racial slur tossing spam bot or disgusting excuse of a person who decided to poke fun at me for being Asian, being a little young looking, and for having an interest in Tarot and not his 'Wand'.

Long story short, I've already spoken with the site's Admins and they've stated other Psychics reported the same issue and it is being looked at. What I'm facing as a major concern right now is if this 'Troll' will try to ruin my image on the site if anything. Being a site that uses web-cam feeds that can easily be embedded in other sites, I'm somewhat nervous and (now) reaching the realization that I didn't think enough about this. Perhaps I'm overthinking and becoming ultra-paranoid about nothing.

What do you guys think? Has anything remotely similar happened to you during your online-reading days? What did you do?

Grizabella

Some people---twisted ones---spend their time trolling and trying to upset people. I don't understand that but the internet seems to breed them. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

If I were you, them ruining things for you on Oranum would be the least of my worries if you're using a video chat. Just letting a freak know what you look like when people can trace and pinpoint locations online would scare me a whole lot more. I've had online and offline stalkers and it's not anything to take lightly.

I hope they're really working on it. Is there some way to block that person?

Yineth

Some people---twisted ones---spend their time trolling and trying to upset people. I don't understand that but the internet seems to breed them. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

If I were you, them ruining things for you on Oranum would be the least of my worries if you're using a video chat. Just letting a freak know what you look like when people can trace and pinpoint locations online would scare me a whole lot more. I've had online and offline stalkers and it's not anything to take lightly.

I hope they're really working on it. Is there some way to block that person?

Meh so much for trying to edit out the site's name. Officially, all Psychics can block and kick members and guests from their chat rooms. However when I tried to ban the repeating Guest offender, s/he made a mention of how they couldn't be blocked. All the same, the messages have temporarily ceased. There isn't any official announcement regarding the spam load, so I'm assuming only a handful of people got hit.

I'm not too frightened about getting 'stalked' per say right now. Maybe this sounds odd to some, but I'm now more worried that one day my "Psychic" job will somehow catch up to me in my future career. Paranoid thoughts of recorded video feeds of me being a "Psychic" and getting the news to backfire on me. Blargh, I'm getting too worked up...

I would rather choose the option to stay out of the Free Chat, but it would mean decreasing my earnings by another 10%. I'm probably better off trying to find another hotline job if the trolls decide to return. Hopefully that won't be the case anytime soon... Eugh. I can't make up my mind.

ThunderWolf

What shocked me more about it was how a guest (who wasn't really allowed access to my chatroom) was able to leave messages.

Officially, all Psychics can block and kick members and guests from their chat rooms. However when I tried to ban the repeating Guest offender, s/he made a mention of how they couldn't be blocked.

It sounds to me like this troll hacked into the program and wasn't "officially" there to begin with.