Tarot, numerology, and my journal

dawntarot

Greetings all,

Just before I joined this forum I completed the 'constellations' exercise, whereby you take out all the cards of the same number and compare them to get a sense of their overall energy. The idea is to come up with your own keyword for each "prime" of 1-9 to help you interpret the energy of a spread when multiples of the same number appear. This has added a lot to my readings.

I keep journals for tarot, one for my readings for others and one for my daily draws. I'm nearly finished my first notebook of reading for others and these are the first "proper" readings I've ever done for people. I've been keeping an index of which cards come up so I can compare my interpretations between readings.

Out of curiosity I decided to tally up how often Majors appeared, how often Minors appeared, how often Courts appeared. Then I tallied up the "constellations". I should note I didn't include the Courts in the constellations exercise or tally. Here's what I got:

Majors: 15
Minors: 39
Courts: 17
Ones: 11
Twos: 7
Threes: 12
Fours: 6
Fives: 6
Sixes: 4
Sevens: 5
Eights: 4
Nines: 1

I thought this was interesting because to me, ones are "potential" and threes are "expectation". This really resonates with the energy of the journal itself: this is a new venture for me and I'm excited to see where it leads. I think I'm going to keep doing this in my journals to see if it reflects my tarot journey's evolution. I'm also curious to see how much my own energy affects what cards I draw.

Has anyone else tried something like this? What did you find?

Oh, and there were 13 readings in my journal when I did the tally. I have room for one or two more.

I look forward to your thoughts :D
Dawn

Carla

Greetings all,

Just before I joined this forum I completed the 'constellations' exercise, whereby you take out all the cards of the same number and compare them to get a sense of their overall energy. The idea is to come up with your own keyword for each "prime" of 1-9 to help you interpret the energy of a spread when multiples of the same number appear. This has added a lot to my readings.

I'd be really interested in seeing your keyword list, and also learning more about how you approached this constellation exercise, where it came from, and what deck you used. :)

AJ

Welcome to AT Dawn.

I've kept a chart since I started doing daily draws, for years.
I don't know that my brain is enhanced by the resulting information, but think it's fascinating how in a year of 52 different decks, some cards are repeated so many times, others don't come up at all.
My chart came from Corrine Kenner's original site which I'm sorry to say she doesn't offer on the current incarnation.

I believe Rodney uses an excel chart.

Attachments

• card of the day chart.jpg
    card of the day chart.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 67

dawntarot

I'd be really interested in seeing your keyword list, and also learning more about how you approached this constellation exercise, where it came from, and what deck you used. :)

Hello Carla,
I got the exercise from one of the eBooks here on AT. I believe it is written by Thirteen. I did the exercise by laying out the relevant cards in front of me, minors in a row at the top, majors underneath. Then I just free-wrote my impressions until I could condense it down to one word. I did the exercise with my Pagan Cats deck which I use for all my readings. I don't have the list in front of me right now, but it would be interesting if a few of us did it with our decks to see what we come up with! :)

Dawn

dawntarot

Welcome to AT Dawn.

I've kept a chart since I started doing daily draws, for years.
I don't know that my brain is enhanced by the resulting information, but think it's fascinating how in a year of 52 different decks, some cards are repeated so many times, others don't come up at all.
My chart came from Corrine Kenner's original site which I'm sorry to say she doesn't offer on the current incarnation.

I believe Rodney uses an excel chart.

Thanks AJ!

Your chart is really interesting! Do you think the prevalence of some cards and absence of others reflects your life? Or does it just seem random?

I think I'm going to start an excel chart too. I better start soon before it becomes too laborious :D

Dawn

AJ

I'm afraid to think about it too hard...

2011 and 2012 have seen zero 10 of wands come up.
Yet the World eight times
and 2 of Wands twelve times.

I fan and pull at random by the way

It is just interesting to review.

Winterchild

ebook

I got the exercise from one of the eBooks here on AT. I believe it is written by Thirteen.

Sounds good Dawn, is it Thirteens Meanings? I must look at the ebooks here....!

Ze Monsta's Haus

I got the exercise from one of the eBooks here on AT. I believe it is written by Thirteen.

I thought the Tarot Constellations exercise was created by Mary K. Greer from a book of the same name. Did Thirteen create a different take on the concept?

Winterchild

I dont know the book of Constellations.. I think it is like the one that has recently been republished *Who Are You in the Tarot?* Or is that Tarot Mirrors... I get confused. I do know I love the old large style Mary Greer books!!