Paulina Cassidy's Faerie Guidance Oracle

Essjay

This has just been released. Does anyone have a copy? Mine is hopefully on its way from Book Depository but I've seen very few scans - just the few pictures on facebook and the Llewellyn picture.

Anyone have any news on it? Thoughts?

Le Fanu

Oh god - the title! - but I love her artwork.

My theory; if you remove deck from box and give it its own beautiful bag (like that new one of Sulis'), nobody ever need know what it is called.

ETA; why can I not locate it at the Book Depository? HaHa, you see, I was trying to buy it })

Le Fanu

*face palm*

It's not Fairy, it's Faerie! Thats why I couldn't find it.

(the cards have text on them. Not sure about that...)

newlillith

I'm on a deck buying hiatus right now, but I'm tempted to get these. I do love Paulina Cassidy's work and I've been watching this deck for a long time. I think I'll base it on what I see in reviews...looking forward to yours!

MoonGypsy

*face palm*

They look lovely, and i think they would look great trimmed, Leffy! :D i really do enjoy Pauline's quirky art. Like i have mentioned before, it reminds me of "Paulina meets Dr. Seuss and Chronata in Tim Burtonland." And i adore all the names i just mentioned...:D

Essjay

*face palm*

Gah! Sorry! I'll see if I can get a mod to change the thread title. Yeah - I'm not sure about the titles on cards either but I do love her art so we'll see :)

Eta: I had already thought of that new Sulis bag for it to live in. Perfect :D

HearthCricket

I'm looking forward to this deck. I love her artwork, not particularly keen though that there is writing on the cards. However, I won't judge. I need to have it, work with it, digest the book. I think it could be fun layering it with her decks and seeing what comes of it!

Essjay

I'm looking forward to this deck. I love her artwork, not particularly keen though that there is writing on the cards. However, I won't judge. I need to have it, work with it, digest the book. I think it could be fun layering it with her decks and seeing what comes of it!

Yes, I thought that too. I love the Paulina and Joie de Vivre and think it would be nice to use together. I'm not sure but I think the art may not have been done for the deck specifically but I'm just basing this on the few cards I've seen. I shall await its arrival!

Le Fanu

And this thread made me get my Joie de Vivre out again this afternoon, so I'm halfway to buying this one.

Yes, MG, TRIMMING! I'd forgotten about that concept... :D

Essjay

MoonGypsy and Le Fanu - wouldn't that make this deck super tiny though? It's so difficult to tell from the tiny photos.