my secret to learning the cards!!

hedgewitch79

ive just discovered the absolute best way of learing to read the cards!!.......

my 11 year old son asked if he could have a look at my deck and then asked if i could guide him in doing a reading for me and me one for him. we asked questions, pulled some cards and i asked him to say what he saw in the picture .expressions, colours, animals, symbols, feelings ect. i then asked him to see if he could put them together into a story, and well i never, he was fantastic and spot on!! it made me so proud that he was doing this and also helped me to see things from a different angle. he now wants to learn more and we will be supporting each other in our journey :)

Moonbow

Ahh... this takes me back. I did the same thing with my daughter (who is now 21) and she was so adventurous and creative with what she saw in the cards, in an imaginary way as well as what she noticed in the artwork. She taught me allot about observation, imagination, and perception that day.

She has since asked me to sell/get rid of (!) some of her decks but the few decks that she started out with weren't included in that pile so she appears to have a connection with those first few decks even now.

EllieP

Point him to the ISG circle!

celticnoodle

I think this is WONDERFUL that you are sharing your ideas and also listening to his on reading the cards. I think it is great that he is interested and you can help to guide him in a positive way to learning the cards.

My mother was a card reader, but would never share her ways with any of us kids. She also would never read for any family member--some sort of 'bad vibes' if you did that where she was concerned. :rolleyes: At any rate, I applaud you and your son for sharing this with each other. Perhaps he'll become a card reader as a result!

I would love to share this with my granddaughter, (she's only 4 now), as she gets older, but my sil made me promise not to share ANYTHING with her till she is at least 18. :( 14 years to go. bummer..........

Anna Supertramp

i think it's so cool you are doing tarot with your son... children perceive these things much clearer and more intuitively and aren't yet so blinded by their rationality :)