Cleansing your deck

QueenCup

Last night I did a reading for a friend. I had her meditate on the question while I shuffled and then allowed her to cut the deck. Well today it seems like her reading is getting mixed up in any reading I do. I think it was four cards from her reading that kept coming up in each reading. I have shuffled the deck plenty! Do you think this is just coincidence or is her energy really still in the deck? Perhaps it's because I'm new to tarot but I haven't experienced this problem yet.
I have read about cleansing decks to remove energy but I wasn't sure when I should do this. What are some ways to remedy this problem that are free or inexpensive? I don't exactly have the money for anything like crystals at the moment. Thanks y'all..

Grizabella

The only way you could eliminate having those cards come back up in future readings would be to remove them from the deck altogether and if you did that with all readings for others, you wouldn't have any deck left pretty soon. Obviously there are going to be the same cards showing up no matter what reading you do because there are only 78 cards to work with.

I've never cleansed a deck. I don't feel like it's necessary.

dawntarot

In between every single reading I do, I shuffle the deck and repeat "Clear" in my mind as a mantra. To me this "tells" the deck that we're done with this question now. Then if a card shows up again, I know that a) the cards definitely are well-shuffled, so it's not a coincidence; and b) the cards haven't gotten confused about the question.

I will also repeat "Clear" in my mind if I'm just shuffling randomly, so my everyday thoughts aren't having an undue influence.

This is what I do all the time. I still cleanse my deck using crystals from time to time. You could lay it out in full sun or moonlight as an alternative. Or take a knife and "cut" the air around the deck, freeing it from the previous question... do whatever appeals to you most, basically...

Hope this helps!
Dawn

QueenCup

I understand that the same cards will come up in future readings. However, in her reading she had the eight of wands, the ace of wands, the lovers, and the eight of swords. In the next reading ALL of these cards came back. I even reordered the deck

Grizabella

Well, if you shuffled really, really well as you say and the same cards showed up again, I'd just say they had something similar to say to you, although the same cards can mean different things, depending on the question and circumstances.

nisaba

Last night I did a reading for a friend. I had her meditate on the question while I shuffled and then allowed her to cut the deck. Well today it seems like her reading is getting mixed up in any reading I do.
What are some ways to remedy this problem that are free or inexpensive? I don't exactly have the money for anything like crystals at the moment. Thanks y'all..

Shuffling briefly right afterwards works admirably.

I have a friend who is a Tarotista who has an unusually strong personal energy. When he comes over and handles decks of mine, they aleays feel of him afterwards. So, when he gives them back to me, I just absent-mindedly shuffle while we chat until they feel like me again - no big ritual, none of his feelings getting hurt.

Sulis

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle and try pulling the cards from a fan or randomly from the stack instead of from the top. Maybe those 4 cards have stayed together during shuffling and that's why they keep showing up. Pull cards from all over the place in the deck and you'll get rid of that problem :).

QueenCup

Thanks everyone!