Can moon be 2 signs?

galadrial

Hi,

I theoretically have my sun and moon in Pisces, but a friend who reads charts said that because the moon is only 3 degrees into Pisces, I might have characteristics of an Aquarian moon. From what little I've read of Aquarian moon influence, I'd say it was spot on, but then my mom is an Aquarian. Also, a lot of what I read about a Piscean moon influence rings true, but it is very similar to descriptions of having your sun is Pisces. So I'm a tad confused; could I be a little of both?

isthmus nekoi

Hm, I would expect that more from a cusp (0 degrees, much less so 1 degree). Perhaps there are other influences that are bringing Aquarian energy into your chart? For example, aspects to the moon from Uranus/Saturn, other planets in Aquarius, a cardinal degree in Aqu (ASC, MC etc).

Another possibility is that you actually are a cusp born and your birth time is inaccurate.

matfav

There are 30 degrees per sign, the moon even if 0.00 of pisces, it is the start of that sign, therefore a pisces moon , there is really no such thing as cuspal...

Minderwiz

Technically there is such a thing as cuspal - the Moon is not a geometrical point, it is a sphere and it has magnitude in the sense of literally occupying space. Epherides are based on the position of the centre of the Moon, (viewed as a circle) so it it possible that 'Moon in Pisces' actually has some contact with Aquarius.

However as the Moon occupies 31 minutes of Arc, it is only cuspal for about a quarter of a degree (15 minutes). William Lilly certainly used this in determining aspects - Sun and Moon can be 34 minutes apart yet remain in a perfect aspect because with that separation the bodies are still touching (in a conjunction) or overlapping (in other aspects).

These separations are much less than the 3 degrees into Pisces of galadrial's Moon, so I too would be looking for other explanations of an 'Aquarian' side. Rather than guess, if you could post your birth details, dd/mm/yy; hh/mm (am or pm) and place of birth we can take a good look and give you an answer.

galadrial

Thanks for you replies. It seems I must look to another part of my chart for this Aquarian influence (I even married a Libra with Aquarius rising- a great match too; we're one of those disgusting "hand and glove" type couples), and for that I will definately need help:). As far as I know, the time is pretty accurate, it was a normal hospital birth. The details of my birth are: Date: March 14, 1961, Time: 9:25 P.M. PST, Place: Blythe, California (U.S.A.). Thanks in advance for any help, galadrial

isthmus nekoi

From a quick glance, I would say the Aquarian influence is coming from Mercury, which is in an out of sign conj to the moon by 5-6 degrees. What seems to give Mercury some extra strength is its placement in Aquarius (which some astrologers consider exalt), the fact that Mercury is a singleton air, and also you have the Moon/Merc conj form the top apex of a kite aspect formation (opposing Pluto.... although moon is stronger in this formation than mercury).

galadrial

Thanks, isthmus nekoi:)
I'm sorry to bug you with my newbieness ('twas the moon sign poll in the tarot forum that got me going), but how does that translate as far as behavior? I mean, which Aquarian traits would be predominant with this Mercury placement and Moon/Merc. conj. (if that's phrasing it correctly)?

Minderwiz

If we are looking for Aquarian influences I don't think we stop at Mercury (its an out of sign conjunction so its much weaker).

What's more striking is the Uranus / Mercury opposition with Uranus as the most elevated planet and the virtually exact semi-sextile between Mercury and the traditional ruler of Aquarius, Saturn.

Saturn is also very strong in this chart being in its other sign of rulership, Capricorn, conjunct the benefic Jupiter, sextiling the Sun and the Part of Fortune.

Saturn rules the fourth House, through Aquarius on the IC, and thus the family (which seems to have some Aquarian streak) and the inner self. The MC / IC axis thus has a strong Aquarian dimension if we permit Uranus something of an Aquarian nature.

galadrial

Thank you, Minderwiz:)
It's nice to know where that Aquarian energy is coming from, as it is quite different from the Piscean energy. I don't have trouble reconciling the two, but it seems to confuse other people. "I can't figure you out" is an oft heard phrase, even from my near and dear. Personally, I like being able to intellectualize and be somewhat detached from my emotions, especially since they comprise such a major part of my personality.

isthmus nekoi

I would say that the Aquarian energy comes out in areas governed by the 3rd, 4th and 10th house. Also noticed in looking again at your chart that your sun is quincunxed by Uran and sextiled by Saturn; the rulers of Aquarius.

I would say both sun and moon show Aquarian influences although generally, water is stronger in the chart.