When do you do your best self-reading?

Asbestos Mango

I suffer from chronic insomnia. I usually find myself awake during the small hours of the morning knowing I'm not going go be getting back to sleep anytime soon. So I get up, do a bit of housework, then break out my cards, candle, notebook and pencil and Bub the Crystal Skull and do my daily reading.

As much as I hate the insomnia, I have to say that for some reason, I get better readings at, oh, say, two in the morning when I'm stuck being awake than if I do the reading at two in the afternoon. They just seem to flow better, make more sense, and give me more insight. I generally hold the cards between my hands and ask the Universe "What do you want to talk about at this hour of the morning" and get excellent results. I don't know why, maybe it's just knowing that at that time of night, I'm not going to be disturbed.

I know a lot of people do daily draws and readings, and I'm wondering, what time of day do the cards seem to work best for you? Is it while relaxing with a cup of tea in the morning, or afternoon, or evening? Is there a particular time or do you just grab the cards when the mood strikes you?

Padma

Interesting question, Asbestos Mango ;) I am sure the answer must have to do a lot with receptivity of neurons and brainwaves at different times of the day/night!

I do my daily reading very first thing, with my first cup of coffee. My mind is still fuzzy and unfocused and impressionable, so I always "get" the reading.

When I read for others, I prefer to do it late at night. My mind is always very sharp then.

I think it may have a lot to do with whether or not you are a "night owl". I'm not, particularly, but I also cannot read in the afternoon, for whatever reason...

Emerald Isles

I tend to do my best self-readings in the morning (after I take some time to process whatever dream I had) and late at night. For some reason, I don't see the whole picture as well in the middle of the day. Probably because my mind is occupied with other things.

Bhavana

Everything seems to work best for me in the early morning - even though I am often up thru the night. Morning is when I am my sharpest, feel my best, and have the most energy.

espearite

I'm not sure, but usually it's not in the morning for me. :)

Alta

For me it usually is first thing in the morning, before my mind gets too cluttered up with the day's concerns. Though oddly I can read for others any time.

poopsie

The question made me think ... I realize I tend to do readings in a saturday morning after breakfast. With coffee on hand, i seem able to settle and concentrate mainly because it is a weekend and i don't ferl obligated to work. However, when i do need to find answers to issues bothering me, around 10 pm any day is ok. i would still be awake by then and still alert.

Annabelle

Time of day doesn't matter to me, but frame of mind does. I have to be somewhere quiet where I can relax and focus.