Too Accurate to be True readings?

kglyphics

So as i've been doing exchanges in the exchange forum I've been noticing more and more how accurate my readings have become. This is good but its allowing me to believe that when I do readings for myself perhaps I'm reading into it too much and that they are telling me what I want to see instead of reading what is there. I try and be objective and balanced in every reading I do whether for myself or for someone else. But for someone else its been consistently accurate however when I read for myself I feel like I'm reading too much into it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Padma

I think you will find that most readers have a hard time reading for themselves. You are not alone ;) It is very, very hard to be objective about your SELF.

I think it is wonderful that your readings for others are accurate! you GO! :)

dawntarot

Have you tried doing the reading as if it's for someone else? When I read for myself I use my first initial and do it in the third person. After I've written it down I don't go over it until the next day and I approach it as if someone else read for me. It's certainly not a foolproof method but I find I get better results doing it this way. :)

Dawn

Friture

Count me in. No matter how neutral I try to be (not thinking of the outcome I want) when reading for myself the cards come out reflecting my thoughts/feelings/desires. :) So, no, can't read for myself.

Cenozoic

Well I have a hard time reading for myself too sometimes. I usually have the problem of "no this can't be right..." though. I just end up doing the same spread twice. Usually it'll tell me the exact same thing a second time with different cards. lol

hmm if your readings are turning out fine, and you understand yourself from head to toe, there's nothing really bad about it. That means you've learned a whole lot about tarot, and that it's showing.

kglyphics

Have you tried doing the reading as if it's for someone else? When I read for myself I use my first initial and do it in the third person. After I've written it down I don't go over it until the next day and I approach it as if someone else read for me. It's certainly not a foolproof method but I find I get better results doing it this way. :)

Dawn

This is what I'm doing now. So far its working great. :)

kglyphics

Well I have a hard time reading for myself too sometimes. I usually have the problem of "no this can't be right..." though. I just end up doing the same spread twice. Usually it'll tell me the exact same thing a second time with different cards. lol

Yes I've done this too. I'm like, "OK Tarot I guess this is the meaning whether I like it or not!!" LOL

SagiChar

I have a hard time reading for myself as well. The cards just don't seem to make much sense to me. I really have to be "outside myself" to do my own reading and for it to make sense to me.

I also have a hard time reading for others that I'm close to. I think it's because I know too much about that person and have a personal bias. I do MUCH better readings for strangers. The less I know the better - it seems.

Padma

I have a hard time reading for myself as well. The cards just don't seem to make much sense to me. I really have to be "outside myself" to do my own reading and for it to make sense to me.

I also have a hard time reading for others that I'm close to. I think it's because I know too much about that person and have a personal bias. I do MUCH better readings for strangers. The less I know the better - it seems.

This is very often the case, SagiChar! I think the cards prefer objectivity best - or, our own intution perfers that, if you will. I give my absolute best readings to strangers, because I have no preconceived idea of what things apply to. Then, the intuition sings, and so much comes out - all of it true. When I read for myself or for others I know well, it shuts doors in my intuitive mind, it seems. You are not alone! lol! ;)

SagiChar

Ah, Lotus...I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one with the brain farts when it comes to my own readings!!!

Lotus Padma said:
I give my absolute best readings to strangers, because I have no preconceived idea of what things apply to. Then, the intuition sings, and so much comes out - all of it true. When I read for myself or for others I know well, it shuts doors in my intuitive mind, it seems.

It never occurred to me - about the intuition (I mean - lack-there-of when reading for myself), nice angle...hmmm....how can we keep that door open?? :confused: