Crystals AND other "helpers"

greatdane

I love crystals and stones and have used in conjunction with other things, like mudras (did this last night), aromatherapy, sound. Generally I just combine two, sometimes three, but find it's like turning up the volume and intensifying the effect. For example, I used a blue lace agate and did a balancing mudra last night. I have a chakra cd and I think it is useful to utilize a crystal or stone in the area I am esp working on using sound. Having certain scents like lavender (if I am just "chillin" and want something peaceful) and using a relaxation mudra OR a calming mellow cd, and perhaps rose quartz, can be very soothing. Wondering if other ATers do this a lot or just stick to the crystals or stones by themselves.

celticnoodle

With my busy life here, I don't find the time to dedicate to using a variety of things often. I ground pretty much constantly--when I'm sitting at the computer (earthing mat) and I ground each morning and night too-for just a few minutes. Then also, if I'm not in a hurry, while I'm in the shower too.

I do carry different crystals around with me pretty much daily. I meditate (or try to) for 30 minutes each morning, when I pray the rosary. That is my favorite prayer, tbh and I am usually pretty good at doing this first thing in the monring. If not, I do this at night while in bed, unfortunately, I often fall asleep before I finish.........I also have the same chakra cd as you (you recommended it to me). When I'm not praying the rosary at night, I listen to that cd as I go to sleep. Unlike for you, this chakra cd relaxes me so much and it really helps me to sleep at night. I think it just knows what you need and it provides it. I often have trouble sleeping due to my spine and neck issues--so this really is a God send for me.

I also have other meditation cds that I listen to when I have the time. drumming, chanting and other light music cds that I find very relaxing as well. Our cable tv also offers music channels (soundscapes) and I often have that playing when I'm in the house. My favorite one that is also somewhat meditative plays a lot of soothing music.

I also, lately am getting use to sitting outside by our creek, in my barefeet and listening to the creek babble by, the birds chirping and the smaller animals running around. Its such a peaceful spot and I find that so relaxing. I'm trying to get use to walking around outside in my bare feet more--for grounding purposes. :laugh:

Once in a great while, I will use sound therapy, oils, and such too. I have a lovely wrap and footies filled with lavender that can be heated up in the microwave and wrapped around my shoulders and of course my feet slide into the footies. they are extremely heavenly! I also have some mantras that I like to concentrate on when I meditate (separate from my rosary meditation). I also have oils that I can use for specific meditations. But, mostly, it is the crystals and the daily grounding. Oh, if only I had more time for meditation! I would love it. :D

greatdane

Ah CelticNoodle!

Everything you mentioned sounds so relaxing! I really don't think about it much, I just may put a stone or crystal on me while I'm doing a mudra, not really a ton of combining going on for the most part. I just find adding a stone or crystal, while listening to a cd or doing a mudra tends to intensify the effect. Oh yes, the Waking the Cobra cd! As you mentioned, it seems to know what you need. I use more for energy or balancing, you use for sleep. Love that cd! I also find just spritzing a bit of lavender spray in the air before I listen to some of my cds also helps the mood.