strange reaction

angelika

I wondered if anyone has had a strange reaction from someone to their tarot cards. A very old and dear friend of mine has always been a bit interested in psychic forces and he asked to see my tarot cards (he doesn't do tarot). I showed him the cards one by one in my own hands (he didn't touch them). As soon as I started showing him he had a very strong reaction to the 'smell' of them. He said he knew the smell,it was very powerful, it was the soft colours of the deck he said (Handon Roberts). Then when I got to the 6 cups he stopped me and told me that was the image he used to have a recurring dream about as a child(he had told me of this dream before several years ago).

I thought his reactions were fascinating and wondered if anyone had similar stories or an insight into why he had this very powerful reaction to my Hanson Roberts mini cards!!

Zephyros

Nothing like that, I'm afraid, but Tarot can, if we don't go into anything "supernatural", evoke powerful thoughts, memories, associations, feelings. It's all about emotion.

Grizabella

People who don't know anything realistic about Tarot can have some pretty strange superstitious ideas about it. Your mind can do some pretty amazing things if you let it including making you think you see, hear, smell and feel stuff.

Amanda

I don't think I've ever had that happen quite like that! My dad was looking through my Gilded deck once and pulled out the 4 of Cups and asked me what it meant, and I thought it was a bit synchronistic at the time, since he knows nothing about the cards (-card fit perfectly to him and his life just then).

I don't know, maybe it's a sign that you'll be gifting your friend a deck at some point. ;) I think it's great your friend had a dream about a card before ever really seeing it up close and personal, must be a sign! LOL I didn't start dreaming about cards until I understood them a great deal.

Dain

It's happened to me although not with tarot. Olfactory memory is a powerful force that stirs up memories or even images from the past which we may not even remember consciously. In other words, it may not have anything to do with the supernatural but with a quite natural ability.

angelika

Oh he has a natural ability for sure and has his own way of reading signs from the universe! But the deck spoke to him of home and security , he said, and the 6 cups matched that. It wasn't purely his imagination because the reaction was instant and very strong. I just knew it was something more profound than fanciful. So he has a gift I think.

Dain

Oh he has a natural ability for sure and has his own way of reading signs from the universe! But the deck spoke to him of home and security , he said, and the 6 cups matched that. It wasn't purely his imagination because the reaction was instant and very strong. I just knew it was something more profound than fanciful. So he has a gift I think.

I'd say your friend has a gift too. Such a strong reaction certainly means something deep and profound to him coming from... a very deep and important source. Perhaps he ought to get a copy of that tarot deck himself? (I assume he'll have the same reaction with the copy too).

angelika

Yes, It was an amazing moment - for him as well as me. He is a very psychic person in general and we have a very deep connection which has lasted most of our lives. So it could be to do with him and me or it could be to do with those specific cards or the fact they are mine perhaps. He thinks it was a premonition - in terms of the reaction to the 6 cups. The recurring dream about the card and the people in it he recalled he had when he was a boy. But he has not had dealings with tarot cards much before. Anyway - it has got him interested! I thought of buying him the pack but I'm not sure he would want them.I think he prefers me to have them. But he wants to buy me another deck of his choice so I am looking forward to registering my reaction to that - if I have one.

Dain

Yes, It was an amazing moment - for him as well as me. He is a very psychic person in general and we have a very deep connection which has lasted most of our lives. So it could be to do with him and me or it could be to do with those specific cards or the fact they are mine perhaps. He thinks it was a premonition - in terms of the reaction to the 6 cups. The recurring dream about the card and the people in it he recalled he had when he was a boy. But he has not had dealings with tarot cards much before. Anyway - it has got him interested! I thought of buying him the pack but I'm not sure he would want them.I think he prefers me to have them. But he wants to buy me another deck of his choice so I am looking forward to registering my reaction to that - if I have one.

Well, since you have such a strong connection, and that tarot deck, or tarot in general, is a focus of that connection, I'm certain you could work together with tarot, regardless of who the owner of the cards is. :)