What Info do you require

Elfinglove

When our reading for someone (friend, clients...) what do you ask for to do the reading, DOB, first name, surname, full names?

Or do ou not ask anything, I'm just really curious.

Thanks
Elfing

raeanne

I usually ask if they have a particular question in mind or if they are looking for just a general reading. I do not need to know what any specific question is but I prefer to design a spread that will go to the heart of their issue so I may ask if it is a relationship question or a job related question etc. Birthdate, age, name, etc. are not important to me.

gregory

Nothing about names etc - that's for sure. What difference would a name make ?

Elfinglove

When I've had readings not face to face new but email ones I've been asked my full name and/or date of birth

PAMUYA

just the question...that is the only information that I require.

Barleywine

I usually ask if they have a particular question in mind or if they are looking for just a general reading. I do not need to know what any specific question is but I prefer to design a spread that will go to the heart of their issue so I may ask if it is a relationship question or a job related question etc. Birthdate, age, name, etc. are not important to me.

Pretty much how I handle it in face-to-face sessions, except that to discover the general area of the question I've been using the first ("four-pack cut") step of the Opening of the Key spread as described in the Book of Thoth, since the cards can sometimes discover a deeper issue than the one the seeker came in with. But I don't abandon the reading if it initially turns up wrong, I just let the person know that there may be undertones in the reading that go into other areas. Then I proceed to the main spread. I also follow the old practice of not having the seeker tell me the specific question right away, which frees me up to go wherever the cards take me. As the reading progresses I validate everything via the seeker's responses, kind of circling in on the objective. Been doing it this way since around 1971, with good - and often surprising - results.

Le Fanu

Just the question. The less I know about someone, the easier I find it to read for them!

SagiChar

Le Fanu said:
The less I know about someone, the easier I find it to read for them!

I'm the same way!

I also like to ask if they've ever had a tarot reading before.

tarotbear

I don't ask the question at all - I feel that tells me what they are looking for as an answer. I ask "IF' they have a question, and if not to direct them in a way as to come up with a question - But I don't want to know their question, their name, birth date, age, phone number - NONE of that stuff is germane to the readings as far as I am concerned.

I find a totally cold reading is the best thing for me.

VGimlet

What raeanne said. And I agree, I find the less I know about someone the easier it is to read for them. :p

I will read for people I know, but the better I know someone, the more careful I have to be to let the cards do the talking, and not let what I know about them 'bleed over' into my reading.
(This is probably why I can't read for my husband, LOL.)