Oracle Tarot Cards

Shadow Wolf

Today I picked up the Oracle Tarot cards and so far I like them a lot. I've done two readings , one spread I made up myself.

I just seemed to evolve as I spread the cards out.

I wanted a spread that would guide me in channeling my feminine energy and in getting rid of bad influences.

It showed me what things I should focus my energies on , instead of what was having good or bad influences on them.

I will post this new spread under spreads and you can let me know what you think.

Anyway, I really like the Oracle Tarot for anyone who might be interested in getting it !!!

zorya

is it an oracle deck? is it a tarot deck? it has the 22 majors (all women) but only 40 minors, no court cards.

the artwork looks very whimsical and bright.

here is a link for anyone wanting to view this deck; http://www.learntarot.com/oydesc.htm

dolphinprincess

i've had this deck for quite awhile... and i really enjoy it. i've gotten some very good, accurate readings... the deck always gives off that "feel good" vibe... mainly bc the picutres are so bright .. and the messages all provide a positive spin... ! I use it often :eek:).. however, it is definitely a feminine deck and was made primarily for women!

Shadow Wolf

I really like it !!

It's a little different, even quirky, I 'd say.

Maybe I like it 'cause it's so much like me !!!!! (LOL)

dolphingirl

I would definitly classify this deck as tarot myself. Especially if you consider majors only as tarot. If you can read with a Rider Waite deck you can probably read this deck, personally I love the artwork and the colors but I do wish that the court cards were done even if she recommended people pul them out and not read with them :) If you love bright fun colorful decks I recomend this deck as it is really lovely.

Shadow Wolf

I'm really enjoying this deck.

I love the colorful artwork and It's give me some very accurate
readings.

Kyrea Gold

I picked this one up at Barnes and Noble last night after reading this thread and I love it!

I think it would be a fun deck to do readings for friends with! I have a friend that is interested in tarot but just doesn't have a lot of free time..maybe this one will appeal to her.

KyreaGold

dolphinprincess

When I first bought this deck, I thought the fact that it didn't have court cards was not a big deal. In fact, I was kind of happy as I have a real tough time reading them.

However, SO many of my daily card draws with my regular decks have been court cards... It seem the court cards have had a TON to tell me...

This has made me question the Oracle Tarot.. I'm now starting to think the omission of these cards is a bigger deal...

I still love the deck and plan to keep it and read with it.. but for those that have it - do you miss the court?

kerri28

I just got this deck and was wondering if anyone else was still reading with it.

I haven't tried out any spreads yet. But that wont be for long.lol

dolphinprincess

kerri28 said:
I just got this deck and was wondering if anyone else was still reading with it.

I haven't tried out any spreads yet. But that wont be for long.lol

.. I'll chime back in about this deck.... :D (finally)..

I've had it since it came out... gone back and forth a few times.. questioned the whole court card thing...

BUT.. in the end.. I love this deck. I always feel happy when I look at it... It is accurate.. and still gets the message across, even when doing so in a positive way...

Also, Lucy Cavendish is an awesome person... and after knowing her (granted, only through her site.. but she answers you personally).. I like the deck even better... I feel her love in it :D

She has written a new book for Hay House on the Oracle Tarot.. It will go into much more detail than the booklet - addressing reversals, etc... I think she just turned it in this month.. so it will likely be out toward the end of the year...

~dp