Cheating On My Deck With Another?

GotH

Dang it! Left on a road trip and completely forgot to pack my cards! Ugh who does this?! I just can't see myself going very long without holding my cards in my hands. Well, I might have to pick up a brand new deck that I don't have which leaves a lot to choose from. But that's not the problem. I have gotten so cozy with my last deck that I feel I would be "cheating" on it if I did. Is this crazy or is there anyone else out there who feels they should stay "loyal" to one deck?

Grizabella

You could buy another copy of your same deck, though, and keep it as a backup. That wouldn't be cheating. :p But what the heck? Why not live dangerously and cheat by getting an entirely new one? :p

direwolf336

Of course not, I don't think that's crazy at all. It's how you feel. If it doesn't feel right to have more then one deck to read, study with, then stick with the one!!!

GotH

Yes! Gonna live dangerously and get my hands all over a NEEEEW one. My chance to get me one of those sexy decks heh heh heh. If I HAVE to mess around....I'm going dirty. ;)

GotH

And the cheating begins. ;) Didn't go "dirty" this time (LOL) but did pick up The Gilded. Looking fwd to getting to know my new cards.

Grizabella

The Gilded is a beautiful deck. I think you'll really enjoy it. I used that one as my first "working" deck when I was reading for an online company for awhile several years ago. The way it happened was that the Gilded deck was there on the desk when the first call came in and I used it instead of rummaging for another one. It turned out to be a good reading so then I was afraid to switch off to some other deck after that. :p

GotH

The images are beautiful, especially the Lovers card! I was wondering why some of the pictures are female dominated though. Like in the 10 of Cups and 3 of Cups.

spuffy87

I remember when I bought my new deck and opened it, my old deck fell from the top of the closet and landed at my feet. Lol, I guess that meant no at the time. Which was the gilded. Very beautiful deck, and I love it.

Trogon

Dang it! Left on a road trip and completely forgot to pack my cards! Ugh who does this?! I just can't see myself going very long without holding my cards in my hands. Well, I might have to pick up a brand new deck that I don't have which leaves a lot to choose from. But that's not the problem. I have gotten so cozy with my last deck that I feel I would be "cheating" on it if I did. Is this crazy or is there anyone else out there who feels they should stay "loyal" to one deck?
Cheating, huh? Guess that kind of makes me a Tarot ho'! :D I've got 30 decks so far. And I'm always up for a new love. ;)
Goddessofthehunter said:
And the cheating begins. Didn't go "dirty" this time (LOL) but did pick up The Gilded. Looking fwd to getting to know my new cards.
I also have The Gilded Tarot. It is a gorgeous deck and seems to be great for reading with. At least the couple of readings I've done with it now have been very intuitive and easy to "get". At least if you're going to "cheat" you went high-class! :laugh:

All joking aside though, I can see how one could feel this way. You've been using the same deck exclusively for years, so you end up wondering if you "should" use some other deck. Or if you'll be able to use any other at all. But, you've taken that step now. I bet you're going to fall in love with The Gilded Tarot too ... the real question is ... what will be your NEXT Tarot deck? ;)

spuffy87

It is very intuitive. Lol, the gilded does not allow you to choose another deck, unless it's an upgrade.