Fall Oils and Herbs and Candles

greatdane

I am getting ready to make some sprays from clove and cinnamon essential oils for the upcoming Fall season. Would like to get some more ideas, esp re candles that are more natural but have yummy scents like cinnamon or anything spicy. Suggestions? Also are there herbs you hang around during Fall? I know one can get those cinnamon? smelling brooms....scent seems to play such a big part in the seasons for me but especially Fall and Winter, so I am hoping some ATers will share what they use.

swedishfish612

I love this site on Etsy for candles:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WhiteMagickAlchemy

But be aware that turnaround time can be slow, so you won't order something and have it within a few days. She makes her candles to order so it might take a week or so before your order is actually mailed.

I'm sure they're not going to fit your natural criteria, but I'm wild about the 3 wick candles that Bath & Body Works sells. They have new scents every season and they are amazing. They're in their own glass jars with a lid. They're pricy if you get them full price ($20), but there are tons of sales. In fact, there's one going on right now- two for $20, so it's like getting one free. Highly recommended!

I love the cinnamon broom as well. I get one at Trader Joe's every year.

Bhavana

not big on cinnamon - but I love piney woodsy scents for fall....balsam too. Lavender lemon type scents year round.

Are you making candles too? I love soy candles. I am also starting to develop an aversion for artificial scents. If it's not the real thing, or was achieved with dangerous chemicals, then I would rather have no scent at all.

greatdane

Ah swedishfish, i miss trader joes!

When I lived in Calif and Arizona, there were many Trader Joe's. None anywhere remotely near me now.

OH I WILL CHECK OUT the link. THANKS A LOT! It's not that they have to be totally natural, I just find some that say they're supposed to smell like say, a food or spice, smell NOTHING like that. I have probs with some chemical scents so that's why I mentioned natural. I didn't even think about etsy!

OH BHAVANA....I LOVE lemon grass essential oil and I have a lavender spray that is natural I use. I find it THE most relaxing. I love the smell of REAL PINE, like you said, chemicals...not so much. I also love pinon and all kinds of woods. Thanks for reminding me of those!

I JUST LOVE candles this time of the year. I also put cinnamon sticks in some low boiling water for a bit and just leave on the stove. Smells like I actual bake! LOL

Eyebright

I like the smell of apple at this time of year as well, and nutmeg mmmm, and the smell of freshly baked bread.
For me with autumn being the time of harvest I associate this time of year with the smells of baking and preserving as our ancestors started storing food for over the winter, so also the smells of spices and fruits combined.

MagsStardustBlack

Spiced apple, which i guess is the smell of apple with cinnamon baked in a yummy pie Mmmm :.)

oh and brandy :.) hot toddies!

greatdane

Hi mags and eyebright!

well now I just need them in a candle :)). Seriously can be hard to find really great smelling candles that smell like food, spicy wonderful food!

MagsStardustBlack

Yankee candles are the best ones i have ever had - check out their site im sure they do mail order - can be pricy though but well worth it and burn for many hours.... www.yankee.co.uk

OOoooo Blissful Autumn!

greatdane

Thanks mags!

They sell them in stores here, I will check those out.

MagsStardustBlack

I have used these and can recommend them highly. You will enjoy them very much, but best to go to a store to smell them as the sents are powerful - to see for sure your preference. You will love them GD!!x