First card of the deck is changing

Olivia Rosalind

To be more explicit. I do now the reading, I put the cards in their place with the first card being lets say: The Moon and the next morning I woke up and see that the first card is 10 of Pentacles. I do NOT shuffle the cards after I do the readings and I do not have short memory loss. My psychologist told me I have an excellent memory. Its not a single case. Happened to me 3 times in a week. What could be the explanation? Thank you!

jema

Well, what do you think is the cause?
I am no believer in haunted decks myself and would seek a plausible explanation (glares at the cat)
The haunted scenario would also at least have the decency to go for the more mysterious cards, like moving from 10 pents to the moon and not the other way...

ThunderWolf

Well, what do you think is the cause?
I am no believer in haunted decks myself and would seek a plausible explanation (glares at the cat)
The haunted scenario would also at least have the decency to go for the more mysterious cards, like moving from 10 pents to the moon and not the other way...

A haunted deck never occurred to me, but a haunted house did. When I was 20 I lived in a house that I knew was haunted. One day I went to my closet to get a shirt that should have been there. I couldn't find it anywhere. It seemed to have disappeared into thin air. Then a few years later (in an entirely different house by then mind you) it was found just hanging in my closet. (And, no, it did not get put there in the move. I went through every shirt in my closet looking for it when I moved from one place to the other. It never got moved into the new place.)

Annabelle

My first thought is that you may be changing their positions in your sleep. Sort of half-waking up, moving the cards, and going back to bed without having any memory of it afterward.

It's unlikely, maybe, but possible.

Lately I've had some unsettling sleepwalking experiences & instances of "lost time" . . . leaving me wondering what I might be doing without being aware of it.

Winterchild

Haunted House

A haunted deck never occurred to me, but a haunted house did. When I was 20 I lived in a house that I knew was haunted. One day I went to my closet to get a shirt that should have been there. I couldn't find it anywhere. It seemed to have disappeared into thin air. Then a few years later (in an entirely different house by then mind you) it was found just hanging in my closet. (And, no, it did not get put there in the move. I went through every shirt in my closet looking for it when I moved from one place to the other. It never got moved into the new place.)

I once lived in haunted house.... had a lot of experiences there but one very like yours Thunderwolf, where an item disappeared totally from where I had stored it and reappeared there months later. Also items manifested which we had never seen in that house before... for example one evening we heard a noise like something falling down our wooden staircase.... and when we went out into the hall, there was an old candlestick lying there with a candle in it and the candle was still smoking. We have never seen any of these items before and noone lived in the house but us. The cottage was like 400 years old or something, so probably haunted.
Hmmm wonder if we have a ghost stories thread!

GotH

Ok...since we are going in that direction ;) I lived in an apartment that DID NOT like a certain guy I was dating. Whatever, who ever it was would actually try to cause physical harm to this person. A couple of incidents were when a door slammed right in his face and a picture above the head board of my bed came off the wall and fell right on his head as he was sitting up in my bed. I was across the room and witnessed this. Weird.This guy didn't turn out to be the one for me as he was somewhat of a bad boy. The funny thing is, once we broke up, nothing weird would go on in my place anymore nor did it effect anyone who visited me afterward. Haunted or my guardian angel looking out for me?

Winterchild

Didnt mean to hijack

To avoid the hijacking of Olivia's thread I think I will start one unless there already is one (will do a quick search) becasue there are some great stories out there!

Olivia Rosalind

The house is not haunted and I am not a sleeping walker. Thanks anyway. I thought maybe there is another significance less SF and more spiritual. I thought maybe the cards are trying to send me a message or something. No matter.

jema

I understand, but I think the spirituality of the Tarot is in us, the user, not so much in the cards.
Perhaps it IS trying to send a message! Only it does so by your hands. I just don't believe cards of ink and paper will move on their own, but it is a great chance that your subconscious does and then to get the message home, 'forgets' about how it was done.
Just a theory... The mind is a pretty amazing thing after all.

If I were you I would keep a journal and write down everything, perhaps you will find a pattern in this later on!

jgolden83

well, what do you think is the cause?

haha! Love it!!