moonstone making me ecstatic?

dawntarot

We had a market here last week and I picked up a necklace which has two pieces of moonstone strung on a cord. One piece is milky white, the other is greyish. As soon as I put it on, I felt elated! Just really happy and full of energy.

I thought this could only be good but after a day or so I felt out of kilter and headachey. I started wearing hematite which made me feel more grounded but today I just stopped wearing it.

Any idea why it's affecting me so much? I'm pretty sensitive to the full moon which was Friday (I just can't refm to settle around this time), but I was really surprised.

Thanks! :D
Dawn

wildchilde

sorry I missed your post, Dawn. actually, I think you already answered your own question...Moonstone is an excellent stone as well as a very strong stone, often it is found to be "too strong" during the full moon. So probably between the combination of being Blue Moon, your already being sensitive to full moon, and the Moonstone amplifying everything during full moon, you just got completely overwhelmed. I hope you will try it again at different phases to see how you react.

dawntarot

Thanks for your response, wildchilde. I had heard that moonstone can amplify the effect of the moon's phases so I wasn't so surprised by that. But I was very surprised at how much I was reacting to it, besides obsidian which I never intend to go near again (shudder), I've never had such a strong reaction to a stone. At least it was a positive reaction though!

Yes, I've been experimenting with it on and off and I'm finding it's less intense now, but I can still only take it for short periods or I get a headache.

I can't seem to find much on the properties of moonstone though, as in, what it can be used for? All I'm getting is "amplifies the moon, brings balance" and other such vague statements. Hm.

sedgeez

Thanks for your response, wildchilde. I had heard that moonstone can amplify the effect of the moon's phases so I wasn't so surprised by that. But I was very surprised at how much I was reacting to it, besides obsidian which I never intend to go near again (shudder), I've never had such a strong reaction to a stone. At least it was a positive reaction though!

Yes, I've been experimenting with it on and off and I'm finding it's less intense now, but I can still only take it for short periods or I get a headache.

I can't seem to find much on the properties of moonstone though, as in, what it can be used for? All I'm getting is "amplifies the moon, brings balance" and other such vague statements. Hm.

im using moonstone to help me conceive as im having trouble.
i also think it helps with hormones.

correct me if im wrong on this of course :laugh:
in new to crystals :D

wildchilde

from what I have read, sedgeez, you are correct that moonstone is good for fertility and balancing women's hormones. (sorry to hear of your troubles...my husband and I just began "trying" and I have no idea what to expect as I am an 'older' woman-over 40-perhaps this is why I have recently been drawn more to moonstone as well)

I am posting a link to a website that has some good information that goes a little deeper into the uses and meanings of this stone...Dawn, after reading over it, it occurred to me that your reaction may also be related to your astrological signs. For you to be reacting to it almost as strongly as obsidian seems to me that you are already either "tuned" to what this stone has to offer OR your third eye is being forced open and the rest of your system is fighting this. Either way, I think you are right to limit your exposure to it and monitor your reactions, but I hope you won't give up. I hope you will open a crystal study thread on this stone!

Here's the link: http://www.shimmerlings.com/gemstones/moonstone.htm

sedgeez

from what I have read, sedgeez, you are correct that moonstone is good for fertility and balancing women's hormones. (sorry to hear of your troubles...my husband and I just began "trying" and I have no idea what to expect as I am an 'older' woman-over 40-perhaps this is why I have recently been drawn more to moonstone as well)

im glad i had that right, would of been abit of a let down :laugh:
i hope your conceiving journey goes better than mine :laugh: good luck :)

Winterchild

Moonstone & Obsidian

I like Moonstone but have not actually worn it... I have some meditation beads with moonstone and some pieces I have by me sometimes. I keep meaning to sleep with it under my pillow and see if I feel anything.

Dawn what happened with Obsidian?

dawntarot

Thanks for the link, wildchilde, much better info than I could find! :)

Re obsidian. This happened at least 4 years ago now but I felt myself being pulled out of my body and into the stone. It happened every time I held it in my hand and just looked at it. It felt like being sucked into a black hole and was really quite frightening. One of my friends really liked the stone so I gave it to him. I haven't gone near the stuff since.

Dawn