Need advice

Wintergreen

I need some advice on a crystal or a stone that I'd like to get for someone.

At my job we have to use radios (walkie-talkies) to communicate with each other, and since we've gotten a new system, one of my colleagues is complaining of terrible headaches which he thinks is being caused by the radio-waves.

Is there anything I could get him that could help to block or diminish his sensitivity to the radios?

Thanks so much.

frac_ture

Hi, Wintergreen -- I'm not sure if any crystal can be said to help protect someone specifically against radio waves...but here are a few that are said (by one or more of the crystals resources I use) to provide aid in guarding against "electromagnetic smog" in general: Fluorite, Kunzite, Black Tourmaline, Sodalite, and Shungite. There are probably more, and some might work for your colleague that aren't generally thought of for this use, since we're all so different, but these might be really good ones to try out.

Most people seem to love Black Tourmaline for protection of all kinds (physical and metaphysical both), but I actually haven't used the one piece of it that I own all that much, so I can't give you much first-hand feedback on that one. I don't own any Kunzite, and I've found my Sodalite to be so "quiet" so far that if it's doing anything at all, I can't perceive it. I really love my Fluorite, though, and have had great response whenever I've brought Shungite into Reiki sessions with me (it's believed to be a fantastic healer).

Hopefully others here can weigh in with more suggestions and personal experience... Good luck to your co-worker!

wildchilde

frac_ture gave some good ones, although i don't know that I personally would depend on sodalite for that particular task. I would personally use Black Tourmaline. Mainly because not only is it great for that purpose, but it is easily chipped off so you can take a small amount of it and actually tape it to the phone. I put a small piece on the (new) tv that was already acting up and haven't had problems since. Also used it on my computer when it was going haywire and the problems cleared in just a few days. I think the Black Tourmaline really does "reset" the crystals used in these technological devices and I personally feel it would be great to protect your co-worker from the electromagnetic emanations.

They might also try wearing amethyst, or a combination of amethyst and Black Tourmaline. I have not used Fluorite for these purposes so I can't really speak to that. I can tell you I really like Fluorite and it will amplify the energies of other crystals so it might be worth looking into.

Wintergreen

ok thanks, we'll do some experimenting with these and I'll give you feedback in a week or so.

frac_ture

...i don't know that I personally would depend on sodalite for that particular task.

I haven't used it for this particular task, either, and should maybe have stated that more explicitly. I just mentioned it because a couple of the books and websites I use when seeking info on crystals cite it as being a good one for beating back electromagnetic smog. I was more passing along the fruits of research than sharing personal experience. Like I said, my own experiences with Sodalite have yielded no perceptible results (yet!).

I have not used Fluorite for these purposes so I can't really speak to that. I can tell you I really like Fluorite and it will amplify the energies of other crystals so it might be worth looking into.

I haven't used Fluorite for these "anti-EM smog" purposes, either -- in fact, I haven't used anything for such purposes, as I guess I never worry about that issue to begin with, really -- but I do love Fluorite. I just got two fantastic new pieces of it this week: one is this amazing rough specimen of it that looks black and opaque for the most part, but when held up in front of a light source turns translucent, and this very deep, dark, yet almost electric kind of purple (hard to describe, but really beautiful, especially if, like me, you're a big fan of purple...)...and the other is a purple and white wand. Both pieces seem to hum with energy, and I'm actually not all that sensitive to such things (I want to be, but...you can't force such things, right?). Anyway, I agree that Fluorite can work in conjunction with other crystals, so it might be very effective to combine it with one of the others mentioned in this thread. Good luck to you and your colleague, Wintergreen -- I'll be curious to hear what you end up choosing, and how it works out!

Wintergreen

I'm finding myself increasingly attracted to the potential of crystals and stones. I'm going to get some of these for myself as well. I wear my radio on my hip, and my lower back and hip have been sore for ... the same number of weeks that we've had these new radios!
I'm going to chat with my colleague and see what he'd like to try. Looking forward to it!