Venus in Cancer

jmd

Again, this arises out of considerations in the thread Decanates in the tarot minors. And again, it is really the astrological aspect which is here important.

Venus was, apart from other later connections, the goddess of fields, fecundity, and feminine and graceful beauty. She has at times been linked to Aphrodite, and became also the symbol of sexual love.

Venus traditionally rules both Taurus and Libra.

Cancer (ruled by the Moon) has a strong protective carapace, and is often connected with both the Mother and the Home.

Venus in Cancer may therefore express the need for beauty in not only the physical home, but the social home - the place where one needs to feel both securely at ease and replenished by its beautifying sensual elegance.

I realise that what I have just written also tends to deviate quite significantly from some astrological works, but see this post as no more than an introduction, with some controversial elements, to this combination.

Minderwiz

Venus can have some essential dignity by terms as well as face (decanate) in Cancer,though not at the same time.

Venus ruled by the Moon is more likely to express herself through feelings - thus relationships may require little of the spoken word, (such as Venus ruled by Mercury) but are established and felt at an intuitive, subconscius level. Appreciation of art and beauty may well show itself through feelings rather than words - 'I can't put into words the feelings I have' type of approach.

Relationships should be more nurturing and possibly a more maternal role will be played in relationships. There will also be strong protective feelings about those we relate to. Tenderness, sensitivity, caring, sharing, are all likely to be aspects of a relationship that are stronger with this Moon placement. There may be more inhibition or moodiness in entering and maintaining relationships as a down side.

It's always difficult to give a complete answer to one possible relationship, talked about outside the context of a chart - so its difficult to be specific. Things might well differ in specific cases.

paradoxx

I with venus in cancer, do like ot have items from all eras decorating my abode, a context that we can depart formthe present and go full circle anytime we need, yet the challanges of keeping that in place is difficult, and undeisrable. And as the new saying goes "If it wan'nt for unprofitable luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all." Here's hoping.

TemperanceAngel

I can really relate to the beauty not only in the home, but the social home. Perfect example is that I was born not only with my Venus in Cancer (4th house) but it is also conjunct my moon at exactly the same degrees. Both very close to Leo, as with my sun.

I work from a metaphysical store as a reader and healer and spend at least half an hour setting up my room before I start work. I buy flowers etc. and everyone who works there always comments on how beautiful I make my work room.

Does that connect with what you are saying jmd?