Rag & Bone/Oddities Deck

Winterchild

I wondered if there was a thread or something to swap odd cards in order to build our own dolly mixture type deck... or if anyone would be interested in starting a thread/swap whatever we want to call it?

I was thinking of the Rag & Bone men who used to come round when we were young kids collecting old unwanted junk...!!

PathWalker

I've created one deck already, and the second is nearly finished. There is some talk in 'lost and found singles' and I made a thread in advertising about using it for charity, but not a specific thread of the kind you mention.

I'd be happy to help you out with some cards if you'd like to PM me :)

PathWalker

AJ

one of your fellow citizens has done this, pulled a deck together by pulling cards from her own decks. If my coffee kicks in and I can think of her username I could point out threads where she has talked about it.

A potential option would be to go to one of the sites that shows all the cards from many decks, pull the fool from the first, the magician from the second, and so on, then print it out for your own use. They won't be high res but will give you a fun tool to work with without the burden of the cost of postage...

gregory

shadowdancer, I think ?

WolfyJames

It's not my case, but I remember someone here saying they loved Ciro Marchetti's tarot decks, owned them all, and had made a deck of sort from the three by picking each card the person liked best. Like per example, the person could have picked the Fool card from the Gilded, the Magician from the Divine, the High Priestess from the Dreams, etc., for each card and were using that "deck" instead. I thought it was interesting.

Glass Owl

In this thread shadowdancer mentions creating a hybrid LS deck using cards from the Mona Lisa, Wheel of Year, Gay, and 78 doors.

Winterchild

Thanks!

I was thinking of setting up a swap.... but I can see postage would be a pain... I just would like a deck where I loved every card and it was all odd! LS ones would be good because of their uniformity I guess but I like eclectic!