Deck Stars

Glitterbird

On the Complete list of decks on this site, it shows 5 or less stars over the buying information. What exactly are those for, reviews? sales? popularity? It doesn't really say. (unless I'm blind and didn't see it:D )

gregory

I am told that they are Solandia's personal ratings for the decks.

I do know that I don't always agree with them ;)

Richard

I never noticed them before. Now I wish I had never noticed them. :(

WhiteWolfy

Oooh that's good to know as i always wondered who gave the star ratings - i assumed it was people who had purchased the deck (abit like Amazon ratings) well now i know lol. Thanks :)

I agree Gregory :D

Glitterbird

Thanks for the info - they just seemed to float up there with no explanation.

greatdane

Can't say I really go by the stars...

I read reviews sometimes to get others insights re a deck, like anything from cardstock to subtle details, since I usually can't see the deck up close and personal before deciding to get online. But stars alone, with no review, I just don't pay much attention to because tarot is so subjective and if it's just whether one or a group of people like it, but don't say why, doesn't really influence me. I have seen three star decks I loved and five star decks I didn't, just like some of us here love some decks and other peeps think...not so much.

Richard

At least it explains why Albano-Waite got only 2½ stars. Apparently, someone didn't do their homework on esoteric color symbolism and saw only the incredibly poor Italian printing of the USG deck. If there is going to be an evaluation of that sort, it should be of the intrinsic merit of the deck, not some crappy printing job. Otherwise, those silly stars should be omitted, in my opinion.

gregory

*cough*

This IS Solandia's site.

It IS mostly free.

She does actually know her tarot stuff.

If she wants to rate decks, she can. (and I was TOLD that the stars are hers - my info COULD be wrong...)

After all, everyone in this thread disagrees with everyone else in this thread about decks, let's face it !

Chiriku

When I submitted my review for a deck a few years ago, I included my own star ranking. Dunno what it is now (not on a computer, so it is cumbersome to check) but I recall thinking that someone must have taken my 4 stars into consideration because it improved the ranking a little bit (by half a star perhaps). But maybe I am not remembering correctly.

Richard

*cough*

This IS Solandia's site.

It IS mostly free.

She does actually know her tarot stuff.

If she wants to rate decks, she can. (and I was TOLD that the stars are hers - my info COULD be wrong...)

After all, everyone in this thread disagrees with everyone else in this thread about decks, let's face it !

My opinion of the stars still stands, whether they be due to Barack Obama, the Pope, or God Almighty. As for subjective opinions of decks, of course, everyone is right and no one is wrong. This is the dream and the nightmare of anarchists the world over.