learning through past events

koolchick

Can you use past events to help you learn to read tarot? Example I was in a serious car accident in July Apart from sadly losing my dog everything is getting back to normal far faster than doctors thought. If I did A reading about how the journey went would it show that I may or would have an accident? I've tried learning to read tarot before and gave in but would like to learn now to help avoid similar things happening in the future.

Glass Owl

In this thread - Click me! some of us talked about how difficult it can be to look at Tarot to foreseeing accidents. There are so many variables and the future is fluid so that is something to be mindful of.

In a thread where we were talking about look for signs of cheating in the cards I really like how Grizabella spoke of how one should be careful when looking for the signs of something happening/going to happen.

Exactly! Be very, very careful answering questions like this. Don't LOOK FOR cheating, just pay close attention to signs that might show it for sure. It's a natural tendency when you get this question to start viewing the cards with an eye to seeing cheating and when you do it that way, you'll see it by mistake. You get what you look for sometimes, even if it's not there. Your mind just starts trying to make the cards fit the presumption. I'm not saying you'd maliciously look for those signs, I'm just saying that it's a natural reaction mentally. If somebody asks "is my partner cheating?", then you're naturally looking for cards that might indicate that and it sets you up to be susceptible to seeing what's really not there unless you keep yourself on track.

The same could be said about accidents or anything "bad" that we may want to be warned about so we can try to avoid it. When you are the look out for something in particular, however, it can be easy to connect some dots and image how the cards could - in some way or another - fit the event or scenario you are looking for. Therefore, it is important to remember that the cards can fit a number of events and messages.

Let's say you are hungry for turkey tacos and hope that is what your husband is making for dinner. So in walks your spouse with a bag full of groceries. As you see him pulling out the lettuce, the cheese, the onion, the ground turkey, you are so excited. "Yes, he is making tacos! I'm having tacos for dinner!" you think. But it turns out that he is preparing to make turkey burgers and side salads. You saw a few clues and your mind naturally jumped to the conclusion that you were expecting/hoping for but really there were a bunch of possibilities. Heck, maybe he is going to just put the food away and then go back outside to the car to retrieve the pipping hot pizza that he picked up on the way home for dinner.

So while I think that Tarot can give one guidance and insights in possible future outcomes, I don't see Tarot being able to warn one against all dangers or anything like that. I think the important thing is to be open minded and look at things from various angles so you can use Tarot to empower you rather than making you fearful.