The inventor of earth/air/fire/water - an interesting blog post on this symbolism

Chiriku

Thanks for that. I suppose most responses to this would offer the point that some non-Western indigenous traditions also include the fourfold elemental designations so that he can't rightly be termed "the inventor."

But that's the interesting thing about Western (and a few ancient non-Western traditions like Egypt, China, Indus Valley) history: because much of it is recorded in writing, there is an individualistic tendency to couch all cultural innovation in terms of "inventors"--- named, known individuals who left their mark on the world. Meanwhile, the majority of the world for whom oral history was the norm flies under the radar in its anonymous communalism.

But it is worthwhile to note the names we do know, like the one here, so thanks for posting.

AJ

Clearly the blog owner has never been near a volcanic eruption of any kind. I think he is promoting one of the oldest of Urban Legends with that urped up bronze sandal.

Zephyros

This may be so, but I wonder if Anaxagoras`s theory, which proved the more correct one, would have prevailed,what effect that would have on Tarot. Perhaps infinite suits?