My Rider Waite deck

Amy Luisa

Can anyone here please give me advice on how to do a very accurate reading on a relationship? its difficult for me to be objective, becuase i want to believe in something, so i want to know...does anyone out here have a "Foolproof" reading I can do? Also, because today is a Full Moon in Aries, is this ok to do a reading this evening on US?

i would appreciate any and all advice. I have had these cards since 1990.
i also put two cards together and tied them in a pink ribbon to signify us along with The Lovers. is this good to set this up?

Namaste to all of you out there!

swedishfish612

I would try the Spreads forum; they might have specific spreads that will help you.

I don't know that it's about a certain spread or set-up though. I think it's more about knowing your deck and then practice, practice, practice. And once you've done that, be really clear with your question.

gregory

I would also say that no reading can ever be "foolproof".

Especially when reading on yourself - as you say - you want to believe in something. I hope that what you want to believe in isn't the same as what you want to see in the cards. That never works. The cards have a way of telling the truth - and it isn't always pleasant; it certainly isn't always what we hoped to hear. I have no idea about the thing with the pink ribbon. Are you already lovers ? If not I don't see the point - it won't make you into lovers. If you are - the cards know that already..

You will need to be very clear with your question though - swedishfish is right there. Putting a good question together is harder work than reading on it, IMHO.

Chiriku

I don't believe that any rituals such as picking a certain night or symbolically arranging the cards (i.e. with ribbon) can affect the reading itself. I do think they can affect your perception, which will in turn affect your interpretation. If they make you feel more focused, comfortable, and so on, I think they can be useful. The mind has tremendous power.

If you fear not being objective enough in your interpretations (a valid concern), I would post the reading in Your Readings and, after offering your own suggestion for each card's meanings (a rule in that forum), wait for others to offer their take on the cards. In my opinion, it is easier for outsiders to help you interpret the cards when you have (a) clearly articulated the question, as you suggested above, and (b) laid out the cards in a spread with pre-determined positions.

Amy Luisa

thank you all so much

its going to be a relationship spread on me and someone I love.
i will try and see what i can do. there are also three card spreads. like past present and future, but i dont think this is what i am looking for.
see you soon for your feedback.

just wanting to read on what is the outcome.
thank you again!

also, i think i will need to have a signicator? a card that represents him?

gregory

its going to be a relationship spread on me and someone I love.
i will try and see what i can do. there are also three card spreads. like past present and future, but i dont think this is what i am looking for.
see you soon for your feedback.

just wanting to read on what is the outcome.
thank you again!

You don't have to have a significator for either of you. I only used one ONCE, when it was required in an exercise. I'd rather have all the cards available to speak to me.

rwcarter

You can identify a Significator for each of you, but I'd leave them in the deck. If they then appear in the reading, the position in which the card appears will have extra significance.

tarotcognito

I would also say that no reading can ever be "foolproof".

Especially when reading on yourself - as you say - you want to believe in something. I hope that what you want to believe in isn't the same as what you want to see in the cards. That never works. The cards have a way of telling the truth - and it isn't always pleasant; it certainly isn't always what we hoped to hear. I have no idea about the thing with the pink ribbon. Are you already lovers ? If not I don't see the point - it won't make you into lovers. If you are - the cards know that already..

You will need to be very clear with your question though - swedishfish is right there. Putting a good question together is harder work than reading on it, IMHO.
Agreeing with what gregory said.

This is why I choose not to read for myself or for people close to me. It can be really tempting to see what we want to see in the cards rather than what the cards are actually telling us.

Just my two cents. :)