I had a busy wire-wrapping day today! Ten pendants!

shelikes2read

To give my hands a break, because the work I've done all week has involved wrapping quartz points, which is very hand-intensive, I started wrapping some easier items today. First, I did the easiest ones -- I had six jasper DT points, complete with bail already attached, so I put chains on them. Then, as I received an order that included a mixed bag of gemstone donuts as well as some gemstone hearts, I started in on making pendants out of them. I figured that would help add some color to my Etsy site, plus working with them will be a bit easier on my tired hands.

First up, "chalk turquoise", aka dyed Howlite. This is a stone that's actually pretty potent in its own right. It frequently is elected to stand in for turquoise, because gem makers have discovered that it takes dye really well. Plus, it makes the look of good-quality turquoise more affordable for others, since REAL gem-quality turquoise is rare and costs some serious money. The end result is a Howlite stone, with all of its intrinsic properties -- but which, due to its medium-to-light blue coloration, is especially attuned to the throat chakra.

Next, a donut of peach jasper, a type of stone I hadn't worked with before, which was highly energizing. Third, leopardskin jasper with a very striking pattern.

I also experimented with wrapping one of the gemstone hearts I got -- in this case, it was a gemmy lavender amethyst.

The energies of all these crystals felt very nice, even though I was just working with them and not wearing them. Just having a stone's energy field in our energy field is enough to raise our vibration.

I think the people who actually WEAR them are going to like them a lot, particularly if they are people who have sensitivities to stone energies.

Top Left: Howlite; Top Center: Peach Jasper; Top Right: Leopardskin Jasper
Bottom Left: Amethyst; Bottom Center; Dalmation Jasper (I made three of these today); Bottom Right: Paintbrush Jasper (I made three of these as well).

B41F9F4D-A90B-4250-AEEA-AED2FFD81A8C-811-0000011B13D92551.jpg

tarotbear

WOW! :bugeyed: Those are really beautiful!

Yineth

This may sound silly, but I seriously want to just gobble the Howlite and Peach Jasper up! The colors are absolutely gorgeous and remind me so much of Life Savers (haha!)

Siddaleah

Love them!

wildchilde

Very nice! love all the spirals! Definitely whoever snaps these up will be very blessed by your work!

I just made my first etsy sale today! (a wrapped quartz point) we should get connected there, I love your wands you posted before but I'm not sure how to find you at etsy. Feel free to PM or look me up over there if you know how to work it.

LOL, Yineth, you are not the first here to talk about wanting to eat a gemstone! and these do really look like Lifesavers! LOL (nom nom nom)

janie144

These are really gorgeous, I especially like the Leopardskin Jasper one :thumbsup:

shelikes2read

Thanks for the compliments! :)

Photos taken, Etsy listings posted... I'm TIRED, lol! But it's been a productive weekend, so it's all good. :)

On further research, it seems that what I originally called Leopardskin Jasper is Poppy Jasper, as its spots resemble poppy flowers. That's good to know, in case I run across another piece that's similar.

shelikes2read

Today, I created five more pendants. I am making a point of wrapping my most colorful stones, to ensure that there is a visual balance between colorful items and all the clear, and bright, but color-free quartz items in my store.

Amethyst heart, Yellow Jade donut, Unakite heart, Cherry Quartz donut, Red Jasper heart.

2012-10-15134640HDR.jpg

I am finding that my middle-aged eyes work best in the morning, so I am going to start my day with crafting for a while, rather than going about my business and then working on items later in the day.

Yineth

Blargh again with the wanting to eat non-edible stones XD

I love the color on these stones, but I have the problem of accessorizing with them.

I love how popping the yellow jade is. It almost looks artificial from the photo at first for how neon the color is.

janie144

I love these! I checked out your etsy shop this afternoon, my Christmas list is growing :D