Tarot with Oracles Combos

beekie

Last night I did my very first reading using both my tarot deck and oracle deck. WOW!! The oracle cards seem to add a whole new layer. We all know tarot cards can have so many different meanings, but adding my oracle cards to the mix, kind of pointed in the direction that the card needed to be read.

Anyone else use both cards in their readings? Any likes or dislikes?

Sulis

I've tried using oracles with tarot but it just doesn't work for me - I'm a tarot, not an oracle user.
I do know that some readers combine the 2 very successfully though.

Alta

I frequently combine tarot and I Ching. I know it sounds odd, but I have used the I Ching for a long time, so it definitely flows for me.

In the past I have occasionally combined oracles and tarot, with sometimes really amazing results and sometimes resulting in a head-scratching 'huh?'.

Curiously the most successful ones were medically related when I combined tarot with a deck call Nature's Pharmacy which isn't even designed as an oracle deck, just a deck of cards with plants and their medical uses. It even told me that one of my querents suffered from malaria, confirmed by her. (wow!)

In my daily draws I use tarot, Lenormand, Runes and Geomancy (Druid Sticks). Some days each oracle seems to reach out to a different aspect of the day, but some other days the combined message is very strong.

Wendywu

I have used Ironwing with Linsell & Partridge's Runecards (Anglo Saxon Futhorc) very happily :)

BodhiSeed

On my tarot blog, I do a daily draw with a tarot deck then add an oracle card to sum up or expand the meaning. Over the years, I've discovered which decks work well together, which is half the fun. :D

Thoughtful

When l use the tarot l always finish with a 5 card spread using an oracle deck.
I find the oracle deck expands on the tarot messages and gives wonderful confirmation.

Chronata

It's not uncommon for me to whip out an oracle after a tarot reading...some decks just flow together really beautifully!
I even keep two with my tarots that I use for clients.
If something is as clear as mud...the oracle usually will confirm what I am trying to get at, in a clear no-nonsense way.

strings of life

^ Chronata, I have thought on an interesting way to use your Crowstones :love: and I'll be trying it out in public when I read on Halloween at a party :):

I don't like reading cards in their reversed positions--upside down--but I have decided to try reading reversals, meaning when the card comes up in the reversed position, I'll take note of that. But, instead of leaving the card upside down, I turn it right side up and then "shuffle" your Crowstones in the bag that hold them, and place one of your Crowstones above the reversed card or cards. Then I read the Crowstone as part of the reading with the card, making it an addition the the reading, another message. The Crowstones serve as a marker and offer an added element to the reading.

Quite cool!

Winterchild

^ Chronata, I have thought on an interesting way to use your Crowstones :love: and I'll be trying it out in public when I read on Halloween at a party :):

I don't like reading cards in their reversed positions--upside down--but I have decided to try reading reversals, meaning when the card comes up in the reversed position, I'll take note of that. But, instead of leaving the card upside down, I turn it right side up and then "shuffle" your Crowstones in the bag that hold them, and place one of your Crowstones above the reversed card or cards. Then I read the Crowstone as part of the reading with the card, making it an addition the the reading, another message. The Crowstones serve as a marker and offer an added element to the reading.

Quite cool!

Fabulous idea...!

Great thread... I love hearing how you use tarot and oracles together!