I started my crystal collection today

Rosie_0801

I started my crystal collection today with a sphere of lapis lazuli that looks so much like a planet I just had to have it. It's got rings like the equator and tropics and even has a north and south pole! And, because one large purchase isn't enough if there are two available, a chunk of unpolished Atlantisite. I hadn't heard of that before, but it is terribly pretty. Looking online, I can see pictures of it polished up, but I think my chunk was happy to have escaped the "civilising" process. :p

Just wanted to tell some people who'd say "Ooooooh."

:)

janie144

"Ooooooh."

Rosie_0801 your lapis lazuli sphere sounds amazing, I am so envious, I have not added to my crystal collection in a long time, feels like forever, however I think I now know what my next purchase might be, :D I had never heard of Atlantisite either so I had to google it :bugeyed: it looks beautiful, I need me a piece of that :p

Congrats on starting your crystal collection :thumbsup: I hope you enjoy them.

Hemera

Ooooooh ! :)

Sounds lovely. What are you going to buy next?
I have not heard of Atlantisite either. Very beautiful indeed.

tarotbear

Pictures? Pictures? :)

Tarot Orat

Very much oooohhhhh!!! I have a lapis sphere that has pride of place in my collection, it's one of the most beautiful stones around. (To heck with sapphires, LAPIS is the bluest of the blue! In fact, when the word "sapphire" appears in the Bible they're actually talking about lapis most of the time.)

Atlantisite is lovely! I thought it was another name for larimar till I looked it up...wow, the colors are just beautiful, and I love the metaphysical associations it has. Very special stone.

Congratulations on your new crystals and welcome to the world of collecting and working with these gorgeous bits of frozen fire!

Rosie_0801

Lol! "Oooooh" says everyone. What an obliging lot you are!

I haven't any plans for my next purchase because what I'd really like to do is go to Gdansk and buy a lump of unpolished amber, but that's a teeny bit out of my price range.

I'll see what I can do about photos later. :)

wildchilde

oooohhhhhh!!!!

congrats on your budding crystal collection. these pieces sound amazing. I hadn't heard of atlantisite either, but now I think I simply must have some! Which obviously means you will fit right in here as a crystal enabler!! LOL

Do post some pics, please please please please! :)

baylys

Ooooohhhhhh

Picture PLEASE, pretty please with an ice-cream sundae and a cherry on top!!!

shelikes2read

I started my crystal collection today with a sphere of lapis lazuli that looks so much like a planet I just had to have it. It's got rings like the equator and tropics and even has a north and south pole! And, because one large purchase isn't enough if there are two available, a chunk of unpolished Atlantisite. I hadn't heard of that before, but it is terribly pretty. Looking online, I can see pictures of it polished up, but I think my chunk was happy to have escaped the "civilising" process. :p

Just wanted to tell some people who'd say "Ooooooh."

:)

Oooooooh is right! :) We need photos!

I am such a sphere addict. And now I'll have to look up Atlantisite, which is a stone I hadn't heard of before.

MetaphysicalJohn

That piece of Atlantisite sounds beautiful. I would love to see a picture!!