Fantod Deck

Winterchild

I just got a copy of the Fantod deck from Etsy, but it has no box or signature card. Just 20 loose cards and a booklet. As it was more expensive on Etsy by 9 bucks, than from the publisher I am a tad upset about this. Am wondering if I have even got an authentic copy.

Before I start getting too disgruntled does anyone know what should be with this deck?

Thanks!

PS I love the cards... heavy and highly laminated....corners need clipped though!

Alta

Copy.Pasted from tarotgarden.com

The Fantod Pack

Designer(s), Artist(s): Edward Gorey
Country of Publication: U.S.A.
Number of Cards: 20
Publication Year: 1995 (authorized); ca. 1969 (unauthorized)
Publication Status: Authorized limited edition of 776 copies (750 numbered, and 26 lettered); unauthorized edition unknown

Description: The Fantod Pack (this is not tarot, but a fictional oracle deck) may be found in a couple configurations.

Originally, it was an there was the unauthorized version printed back in ’69, and then an authorized limited edition of limited edition of 776 copies (750 numbered, and 26 lettered) back in ’95. Currently in mass publication.

GryffinSong

Amazon lists it as 20 cards and a 32 page booklet.

Its only about $10 on there.

Chronata

Hmmm>>>that does make me wonder...as usually Etsy is hand made stuff. I too wonder if someone isn't just printing off their own versions for quick cash.

Then again, the mass market ones feel pretty hand made as well, with the heavy lamination and all.

It's possible that you picked up a used one that someone is hocking without the box...but if they had more than one in their store...I would be wary too.

Winterchild

:(

Hmmm>>>that does make me wonder...as usually Etsy is hand made stuff. I too wonder if someone isn't just printing off their own versions for quick cash.

Then again, the mass market ones feel pretty hand made as well, with the heavy lamination and all.

It's possible that you picked up a used one that someone is hocking without the box...but if they had more than one in their store...I would be wary too.

Yes they did, it looks unused, and seems well printed but there are copyrights or anyhting and they had about 10 I think... in this listing anyway. I don't want to support pirated art, had I know it was available through Pomegranate I wouldn't have bothered with Etsy. Anyway I am hoping I am wrong about it being pirated... the current edition definitely comes in a box, so something is amiss. Have written to the seller.

Tiddles

I have it, Yes it has a nice little box, and the booklet. Sorry you didn't get the box. Pretty funny little deck and great for a friend into Tarot, although they're not meant for readings, just for laughs as it's a spoof on Tarot and ALL the card's meanings are multiple descriptions of hideously bad luck that's going to happen. The illustrations are great, and this is a good must-have gift for Edward Gorey fans, and also Tarot enthusiasts. I picked mine up at a store here in NYC for around $10.

greatdane

Love this little deck!

A lovely AT friend gifted to me and while I think it is all in fun and not meant as a reader exactly, I enjoy the images. I have thought of putting them under glass on a table. Talk about a conversation starter :). I also thought would make an interesting mobile.