How do you interpret your nodes?

Tor

Some say that the nodes is the most important thing in our horoscopes. I know some will disagree about this, but I believe a lot would agree that they are somewhat important?

So I have some questions to you personally:

1) What is your North Node sign?
2) What is your North Node house?
3) Do they have any aspects connected to them?
4) How will you by known astrology standards explain what they mean to you?
5) How will you personally explain what they mean, compared to the facts of your life and your personal experience?

For now I will just be the thread-starter, and I'm awaiting your replies. I will contribute with my own experience soon.

Your answers and personal experience are of outmost importance for a student of astrology like me and many more here.

Please participate :)

Tor

Okay, I will go first on this:

1) My north node is in Taurus/south node in Scorpio

2) My north node is in 1st house/south node in 7th house

3) They're making a square to both Sun and Moon, and Neptune is conjuncted my south node.

4) According to Martin Schulman (Karmic Astrology, Volume 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation) the Taurus north node is where I'm heading, and it's all about finding peace and stability. My NN in 1st house can mean that I need to find my own initiative, and some think it means I need to find my true identity.

5) Personally I believe the heavy aspected south node says that it's something I need to learn before I can move to the more peaceful NN. It's a theme for my whole horoscope. Schulman suggests that I almost certainly have been a victim of witchcraft. I don't know about that, but my Saturn in Pisces in 12th house suggests there is something wrong with my mind. Personally I believe that I during the incarnations have lost the ability to see the true value of persons and things. My Taurus NN helps with seeing this. I'm paranoid for a reason, so to speak, for I have been tricked by people's lying and evil behavior. It still happens in this life, but at least I get a trained eye to separate what's good for me and not. Taurus is great for that, finding the true value of things. Experience makes a master. The light that Aries brings from 'The Divine and The Oneness' is what Taurus uses to enlighten. He then communicate his findings through the ether in the next sign Gemini. What Scorpio uses psychology for - to reveal and put words on what's hidden, Taurus as the opposite sign bears some of the same quality with finding the right value.

This is some of my Node-experience. What is yours?

Barleywine

Great topic! While writing a study guide for new students, I went on a fascinating journey through the literature (or at least that fragment of it that sits on my bookshelf), to render the node definitions down into their essence as viewed by both traditional writers and modern psychological/esoteric interpreters. I'm sure there is more out there (I'm missing Schulman's Volume I, for example) but what I did find was illuminating. I copied-and-pasted my results below.

My North Node is in Taurus, my South Node is in Scorpio.

My MNN is in the 6th House, my MSN is in the 12th House (Placidus).

The only close aspects are MNN square 9th House Pluto within 4 minutes of arc and parallel 9th House Saturn within 22 minutes of arc. Pluto and Saturn are also near-conjunct in Leo within 6 degrees.

Rob Hand once said at a lecture I attended "The Moon's nodes mean "connections, period!" I think this was the opinion of the German astrologers in the last half of the 20th century, when this comment was made. I'm not sure what Rob thinks of it today.

Below is what I gleaned from my search of the literature:

Moon's North Node – Considered a benefic influence by traditional astrologers

Traditional Meanings: Increase and abundance in the matters related to its house placement (through no conscious effort on the part of the native);
Modern Functional Meanings: The forming of associations, connections and relationships, the life's destiny or calling, point of greatest attunement to universal ideals and values; prevailing social trends that represent opportunities
Modern Psychological Meanings: Spiritual power and integration, directed action, where one has work to do;
Modern Esoteric Meanings: Where one applies the lessons carried over from past lives, also the lessons to be learned in this lifetime

Moon's South Node - Considered a malefic influence by traditional astrologers

Traditional Meanings: Decrease and loss in the matters related to its house placement (while still demanding effort and sacrifice with no promise of reward);
Modern Functional Meanings: The dissolving of associations, connections and relationships, the influence of past habits on present attitudes and behaviors; point of greatest vulnerability to unconscious domination by collective priorities
Modern Psychological Meanings: The line of least resistance, one's “comfort zone” where one is most at home and doesn't need to put forth any effort; spontaneous action, emotional power, the point of release for toxic content;
Modern Esoteric Meanings: The lessons and experiences carried over from past lives into the present life, also past experiences that need no further emphasis and that can be left behind in the current lifetime; karmic influences of one's past conduct; fateful occurrences

My social (as opposed to professional) connections with other people (other than my wife of 34 years and one of my eight siblings) have always been somewhat tenuous at best. I'm always looking for deep philosophical and intellectual links and generally finding only shallow social intercourse. Consequently I don't have many close friends, nor do I really miss them. I tend to be very serious-minded, although with a wry (some say slightly twisted) sense of humor. I was quite fortunate in work; my series of bosses over the years highly valued and respected my productive and pragmatic mental focus, which I was able to parlay into an early and comfortable retirement. I made some strong connections in the workplace that stayed with me throughout a 31-year technological career at the same company (in, I might add, a very Plutonian industry). I came equipped with good intellectual equipment (I've been a member of Mensa off and on over the years), but I'm having to learn to be more emotionally open and less distrustful, since I almost always suspect a hidden self-serving agenda behind every human action. I see these traits as earmarks of the cadent, fixed T-square and the 6th-12th house polarity, along with the 9th-house Pluto-Saturn emphasis.

As the Wizard of Oz might have told Dorothy in an alternate universe: "Oh no, my dear, I'm a very good man, I'm just a very bad schmoozer." :D

Minderwiz

This thread seems to be limited to people with Taurus North Nodes, as I too have the same placement. My North Node is in the tenth and closely squares my Ascendant and Saturn (sinister square) and the Moon (dexter square). My South Node in the fourth is conjunct Mercury and Jupiter.

So the nodes ought to be important to me. Using Barleywine's definitions, my career did prosper, at least for the first 28 years but redundancy saw the last 10 years being more difficult. The square from Ascendant to North Node shows tension between work and me, or to be more precise my body, leading to health issues being a factor in my retirement.

My South Node should indicate home or family issues. My initial thoughts were that that was not so but on reflection I can see that their are issues, stemming from health problems of both myself and my wife that does add elements of struggle.

I can see no way of verifying the Karmic dimension, so I'm not adding an esoteric dimension. To what extent the nodes/are/a strong influence is difficult to assess as each node links to the Ascendant, Moon, Mercury and Saturn, which are also linked to each other but they at least have a contributory influence, adding cokour to the interpretation

squeakmo9

I also was born with south node Scorpio and north node Taurus. The south is located in my 3rd house and the north in the ninth. The first time I became acquainted with the nodes in regard to astrology was Jan Spiller's book called Astrology for the Soul. Because I have the north in the 9th, in the book, I was instructed to read about north node in Sagittarius as well. Seems it is of importance to me to find my self-esteem thru higher learning and philosophies. I've always been a seeker of these things in an effort to better understand myself. I have found some marvelous teachings/teachers along the way, and my best teachers are found in my day to day happenings. i guess it makes things interesting enough to keep going. Not all is a bed of roses. I had an astrologer tell me that the Taurus/Scorpio axis demands patience because the progression of things will go rather slow, so learning plenty about that these days.

Barleywine

Wow, we have a real case study going here! So far we have two angular Taurus-Scorpio nodal axes and two cadent. If we get a succedent example, perhaps we can draw some broad comparisons.

spiraling

My North Node is located on the 25th Aquarius degree: A butterfly emerges from its cocoon with its right wing perfectly formed. It supposedly denotes mutation on every level, the likes of which will only be transcended when I develop the 'superconscious' function, that is, when I approach this life from a place of impartiality, similar to the sphinx. If not, I will suffer constant emotional turmoil. I have a scar along my right arm from a car accident as a child.

It's located within the 11th house, which has been interpreted as something of a spiritual leader/figure with immense capacity to 'heal' others, or society at large. It's a node denoting a destiny of selflessness.

I have no idea of what to do with that information, at this point.

Minderwiz

Lunar Nodal Cycle

There's also another way of looking at the nodes. They mark the points where the Moon's orbit intersects the ecliptic. The North Node is so called because it is the point where the Moon crosses the ecliptic heading in a northerly direction (towards Galactic North). The symbolism is clear, The North Node is 'like' the Vernal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere, it is associated with a positive expansive 'flowering' and 'development'.

Following the solar analogy, the Moon reaches it's most Northerly point and then begins to move South. This is analogous to the Summer Solstice. Ptolemy called this point a 'bending' Thereafter the Moon moves Southwards crossing the ecliptic at the South Node ('Autumnal Equinox'). Again the symbolism is solar....the coming of Autumn and eventually the 'Winter Solstice' or Southern 'bending' Again the symbolism is clear, the South Node is associated with reduction, diminution, endings and 'death'.

We could look where our Moon is in relation to this cycle. My Moon is in Aquarius in almost exact square to the two Nodes. In terms of the lunar nodal cycle, the Moon passed the South Node a week before I was born and it was therefore heading South. The applying square shows that it's almost reached the Southern bending.

In general, using the terminology of Lee Lehman, there are four possible situations for the Moon.

North going North - between the North Node and the first (sinister) square
North going South - between the first square and the South Node
South going South - between the South Node and the second (dexter) square
South going North - between the Second square and the North Node.

The 'first' and 'second' squares are in respect of the North Node.

This cycle was also used by Dane Rudhyar nearly two millenia after Ptolemy but he ascribed a psychological meaning to these other phases of the Moon. What theymight mean I'll look at in my next post

Ronia

My NN is in the 10th in Scorpio, SN in the 4th in Taurus. As I wrote in another thread, whenever I strive for the unknown and ahead, I get opportunities. Whenever I choose to stick to the well known and "secure", I get a slap. NN is trine my Moon in Cancer in the 7th and SN is sextile my Moon. I'm not sure how to interprete these except that when I pursue the 10th house things I meet people who help me as well but the sextile with the SN in the 4th is not clear to me.