PDA

View Full Version : Determining the ascendant.

rota
07-11-2003, 03:32
I'm curious about knowing my rising sign or ascendant. The books seem to say it's the sign in one's first house.
Well, I have this chart from an astrological website in which 6 of the houses are vacant, and the first house is one of them. Could a knowledgeable sort please tell me how I go about establishing what the rising sign is?

Minderwiz
07-11-2003, 07:52
Firstly when you say 'vacant' do you simply mean there are no planets in these houses? If so that does not in anyway affect your Ascendant. There will still be a rising sign. It is the sign at '9 o'clock' on your chart. However if you are still not sure about this please post the following information, I'll tell you what your Ascendant is.

Time of birth: This is important, without it there is no clear answer

Date of birth - Day, Month , Year

Place of birth - this is also important as the Ascendant 'moves' according to location.

rota
07-11-2003, 10:13
Oh, I think I see: the rising sign would be Gemini or Taurus.
Anyway, here's the info you asked for: 12:05 am on 13 Aug 1954, in Los Angeles General Hospital.
I'll be curious to know what a real astrologer would have to say. I'm working in the dark here, so to speak... :)
Thank you!

Adele
07-11-2003, 10:58
hi Rota... looked at your chart and your rising/asc is taurus... your moon is aquarius.

Minderwiz
07-11-2003, 21:42
Yes - your Ascendant is 25 degrees, 1 minute Taurus

Your Moonat 5 degrees 08 minutes Aquarius is conjunct your MC - so a career that draws on your sensitive receptive side is one which should work out well. Given Aquarius' association these days with New Age issues that would seem an appropriate area - but anything that requires a unique, personal and independant stance is fine - you will be expressing something of your individuality through career, rather than seeing it as simple a routine job to bring in the money.

Adele
07-11-2003, 21:53
a very practical and down to earth leo lady w/ her moon in taurus... the moon is exalted in taurus... an excellent placement for the moon!

rota
08-11-2003, 03:39
Thanks, you guys, for clearing that up for me. It's something I've wondered about for some time, and it's been nagging at me. I truly appreciate the information.

(hey, Adele: exactly where do I find this "practical and down to earth leo lady w/ her moon in taurus"? :) I've been looking around for the right gal, and I keep finding finicky Virgos!)