New workspace for working with gemstones!

shelikes2read

I'm all happy. I spent the afternoon repurposing our former computer room (a tiny spare bedroom) from storage into a studio. Now I can use my jewelry-making tools, some of which are downright heavy, without worrying about inflicting damage on our glass-topped dining room table.

The light will be better in the new location, as well, as our erstwhile computer desk has a window nearby. The dining room table was too far from the windows to benefit much from natural light.

This was a room that was originally intended as a spare bedroom, but when we first got married, in the days before wi-fi and affordable laptops, we shared one desktop computer and it was set up in that room. But that computer has long since gone to the Databank in the Sky, and we each have our own wi-fi laptop rather than relying on one computer that's fixed to one location. So the desk was going unused for a while, and we started parking various boxes in that room for storage.

Today, I started migrating those storage boxes out, and bringing my materials and tools in. Now I have TWO workspaces: one for Tarot and one for jewelry-making. So I might have even more photos to post here before long. :)

Briar Rose

I know how a working space for Cystals can be very important. I bet your new room has some amazing energy. Got any pics now?

Hemera

Ooh, that sounds really nice. Pics please!:) (I wish my hubby had a workspace for his woodworking..He is currently using our kitchen table :bugeyed:)

shelikes2read

I can empathize with your hubby. I was working from the dining room table for about a year and a half, when I finally decided enough was enough and it was time to repurpose the old computer room.

There's still a bit of storage in there, but not as much as there was. I got some unused equipment out of there and some boxes. I haven't taken a photo yet, but I will.

It's a good thing I got my stuff off the dining room table. Within days of my moving my things upstairs, my hubby started studying for a certification test, and now HE'S using the dining room table for all his books. Good thing we have an eat-in kitchen, too, because that dining room table is getting used for everything BUT dining, lol.

One side benefit of having a separate studio to work in: The Royal Felines do not go in there unattended, so I'm less likely to find tools or work-in-progress projects on the floor. They're both 8-year-old giant kittens who think everything's a cat toy. ;)