Mars is aspecting Saturn and the 7th house

unacraig

Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year to You.

I had a 2013 Love and Marriage Prospects read for me just recently, and there are a few things that made me uncertain, and I was wondering whether anyone could help shed some light on it.

Firstly, I was told 'I am born in Cancer Ascendent, but over the years I have been led to believe I am Leo Ascendent, so now I am wondering who is right!'

Second: 'They forecast Marriage as indicated in my horoscope is as follows:
Note that the Lord of 7th house (house of marriage) Saturn is not only placed in the 8th house of adversities but also in the star of Mars. Adding to this, Mars is aspecting the Saturn and the 7th house is hemmed in between malefic planets. So, your chart is weak for marriage and long term relationship. You may face delays and obstacles in your marriage. Even if you find someone and get married, you may not be able to maintain the relationship for long period of time. As there are strong indications of separation/divorce, you are strongly advised to check compatibility before marriage''.

I was married for 12yrs once before, but now divorced, we were very compatible and had a very good marriage for many years before things starting falling apart - I do not take everything I read and hear literally, but, if I am to believe/have some faith in this forecast -it is giving an interpretation that marriage and/or long term relationships will be very difficult for me, and with a reading like this, I am wondering where I go from here! If they got my Ascendent wrong, could they have also got the rest of the forecast wrong?

Here are my dob details:
15 Nov 1964 - 20:55
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.
with best regards,
Una

Ronia

I'm not an expert in astrology by all means and I'm sure someone more experienced will help you with your chart details but I have a complicated 7th house (according to readings I've had) and... well, much has been true. I learned to live with that. I mean, I don't accept it as doom but the fact is there are things I have to work on and I'm trying to.. I also was married, divorced, etc. I do have issues and I know them, as I get older I realize them better and I see what these astrologers meant. I have faith and I go on but I try to work on these issues too. :)

unacraig

Hello Ronia,
Thank you for your response to my thread.
In an Astrology reading I had done in 2009, 2010 and 2011 - I was told I had no planets in the 7th house, which meant I would not marry successfully??
All my past romantic relationships have been difficult, and like you, I too have issues and I am working on them, it's slow, but at least I recognize them and trying to smoothen out some of the creases.

Learning to live with the idea that any future relationships I have may well be hard work/difficult/challenging is disheartening for me because it tells me that all the hard work I have done on myself until now is still not enough, I have to do more... learn more...

Even though it's a heavy forecast, I try to remain positive, and hopeful for my future romantic life. As all other aspects of my life 'unrelated to romance' seem to be going ok.

How do you live with it and turn it into a positive?!
Best wishes to you.
Una

Minderwiz

Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year to You.

Happy New Year and welcome to the Forum Una :)

unacraig said:
I had a 2013 Love and Marriage Prospects read for me just recently, and there are a few things that made me uncertain, and I was wondering whether anyone could help shed some light on it.

Firstly, I was told 'I am born in Cancer Ascendent, but over the years I have been led to believe I am Leo Ascendent, so now I am wondering who is right!'

Well from the data you posted your Ascendant is 3 degrees 17 minutes of Leo, to the nearest minute. So your previous readings were correct. I've attached a chart for you to compare with other charts you might have had.

I can see a number of reasons why there is this discrepancy in your latest reading:

Your most recent Astrologer either pracices Indian (Jyotish) Astrology or uses the sidereal zodiac. This would put your Ascendant in Cancer, as there's about 23/24 degrees difference between the sidereal zodiac and the Western Tropical Zodiac. Some of the tone of your later report of your reading makes me suspect that this might be the case.

The Astrologer entered your birth time incorrectly -the Ascending sign changed about 15 minutes before you were born so if they typed in 17:35 or 16:55 or other earlier time by error then they would have got a Cancer Ascendant.

unacraig said:
Second: 'They forecast Marriage as indicated in my horoscope is as follows:
Note that the Lord of 7th house (house of marriage) Saturn is not only placed in the 8th house of adversities but also in the star of Mars. Adding to this, Mars is aspecting the Saturn and the 7th house is hemmed in between malefic planets. So, your chart is weak for marriage and long term relationship. You may face delays and obstacles in your marriage. Even if you find someone and get married, you may not be able to maintain the relationship for long period of time. As there are strong indications of separation/divorce, you are strongly advised to check compatibility before marriage''.

Saturn is indeed placed in the eighth house which is not a good placement and it also does indeed rule your seventh House. However, Saturn is in Aquarius, which is an excellent placement by sign, it is indeed highly dignified.

The phrase'the star of Mars' makes little or no sense to me, which again makes me think that you have an Astrologer who does not practice Western Astrology, or at least a reasonably main stream type of it.

Mars is in Virgo and does not make a major aspect to Saturn, though it is in quincunx (150 degrees) of the Descendant (Seventh house cusp). This is not a major aspect and indeed Mars is not particularly Malefic in your chart. Mars does, though rule your fifth House of romance. I can take that up later if you want.

unacraig said:
I was married for 12yrs once before, but now divorced, we were very compatible and had a very good marriage for many years before things starting falling apart - I do not take everything I read and hear literally, but, if I am to believe/have some faith in this forecast -it is giving an interpretation that marriage and/or long term relationships will be very difficult for me, and with a reading like this, I am wondering where I go from here! If they got my Ascendent wrong, could they have also got the rest of the forecast wrong?

If you had a reasonable marriage for 12 years then you can clearly have a long term relationship and I don't see that this chart reading can get round that fact.

In an Astrology reading I had done in 2009, 2010 and 2011 - I was told I had no planets in the 7th house, which meant I would not marry successfully??
All my past romantic relationships have been difficult, and like you, I too have issues and I am working on them, it's slow, but at least I recognize them and trying to smoothen out some of the creases.

Depends what they mean by successfully as you managed a 12 year relationship and that's not bad at all.

No planets in the seventh does not mean no marriage or difficulties in relationships. As well as your seventh House ruler, which is dignified, you should also consider your Sun and Mars as significators of a husband. Yes if there are planets in the seventh they too would be considered but Moon, Mars come first, then Lord 7, then any planets in the seventh.

I'll comment further if you like :)

Edited to add:

Are you sure that your Astrologer used the phrase 'Star of Mars' as if he said 'Terms of Mars' I could understand that the difference in the Ascendant is due to his/her timing. Just a thought

Attachments

• Una Craig.jpg
    Una Craig.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 483

Ronia

Hello Ronia,
Thank you for your response to my thread.

Learning to live with the idea that any future relationships I have may well be hard work/difficult/challenging is disheartening for me because it tells me that all the hard work I have done on myself until now is still not enough, I have to do more... learn more...

Even though it's a heavy forecast, I try to remain positive, and hopeful for my future romantic life. As all other aspects of my life 'unrelated to romance' seem to be going ok.

How do you live with it and turn it into a positive?!
Best wishes to you.
Una

Hi Una, first of all you were already married for a long time, so how could it be true that you won't marry successfully? And what exactly means "success" in marriage in a world that's changing on a daily basis? Second, in my humble opinion, the majority of people on this planet have issues of one kind or another when it comes to relationships, regardless their astrological charts. :D It's just human nature, it's not easy to get along with other humans, there are many compromises to be made and so on. I personally don't take it too seriously. I've accepted the thought that in my chart there are things that may be driving me in another direction and while relationshipe are very important to me (my ruler of the 7th is in the 7th and in own sign but I have Saturn there), there are other things that are important too and my drive for independence is in the way very often. So... I am who I am and I move on. That's it. My child, my friends, hopefully a good job soon. Life goes on. Besides, I think it's very important for all of us to understand that love, like everything else in nature, starts and ends, changes, etc. I don't believe in lifetime partners. I believe in freedom for everyone to come and go, experiencing the best of their love together but remaining free to leave when it's time. Therefore, I don't strive for another marriage and I learned to let go.

I just wanted to add something although I'm far from Minderwiz's knowledge of astrology. To me a placement of the 7th house ruler in the 8th is not bad. To me "bad" is for this ruler to be placed in the 3rd, for example. Why? Because I've noticed these people are literally married to their relatives and colleagues, and anyone else but their partner. Or placed in the 11th - my friends are all I need is the motto. And so on. I just have a slightly different view based on my own observations, not on any astrological knowledge. I like the 2nd, the 8th, and even the 6th which are traditionally seen as not best houses, but when it comes to long term relationships, I've found out that 7th house ruler placed in them often brings: a/I treasure my partners; b/I feel deep for my partners, I invest myself in them; c/I serve my partners, I'm ready and willing to support them. Just my two cents.