selenite

TemperanceAngel

I checked the other threads first and couldn't find one related to this question:

I have an amazing piece of selenite that was a wedding gift. It is approx. 15cm long, 5cm wide and 3cm thick. It sits on my Tarot table and I put it outside most full moons.

The thing is I feel that it is used nowhere near to its possible potential.

What else can I do with it to utilize it more?

XTAX

Astraea

Selenite is remarkable. My understanding is that it cleanses sentient beings of inharmonious/incompatible energies; and it doesn't simply loosen the energies and send them on their way, but releases them into realms where they can develop their higher potentials. I am by no means an expert on crystals and stones, but someone in a metaphysical shop directed me to buy selenite after I had purchased something over the Internet which, when it arrived, had a very creepy, dark feeling. The man in the shop said that selenite does not absorb energies (it "refracts" them), needs no cleaning, and works to catalyze the highest vibratory rate possible at that moment for anything it contacts. I laid a piece of selenite on my purchase, and in 20 minutes it felt totally different. Based on my limited (but dramatic) experience, I think that the man who helped me is correct. He said that he has pieces of selenite all over his house, and also calls upon it for scrying.

Edited to say: don't wash or soak your selenite -- it is a salt, and will dissolve in water.

TemperanceAngel

Wow, how amazing, I have never thought of selenite in that sense. Thanks for that.

Now that I think about it sometimes I place my tarot deck on it and it feels so much better after that.

XTAX

Pollux

I just received one as a gift from Tunisia, a present from a colleague of my mother - a "Rose of the Desert".
It is AWESOME!

And I think it was trying to contact me beforehand, as when I saw it I had a sort of dejavù. Yesterday I came back home quite late, my mother wasn't home and I knew nothing about the whole affair at all. But as soon as I detected the weird shape on my desk I think we "clicked" and it told me it all.
I remember Selenite as part of my recent dreams, and I also recall "talkng" with it as well, with its spirit, something like that... And when I woke up I decided I would go to a certain shop where I had seen selenite picks and choose one as Xmas pressie.
Now I see it had been calling me earlier than that!

I am so glad, it was a marvellous gift, unexpected and so appropriate (as I'm getting addicte to stones, everyone knows - even my mom's colleagues! LOL!)

:)

Astraea

Thank you for sharing this, Pollux -- what a wonderful way to meet your selenite, and vice versa! You will always know a very special bond with that rose of the desert.

TemperanceAngel

Pollux, I have never really thought of my selenite having a spirit, as such.

Your piece sounds beautiful and I hope it brings you much joy.

XTAX

Mystic Zyl

Is selenite expensive? I also heard Citrine does not soak up energy. is that true?

Astraea

Selenite can be expensive, depending upon where it comes from and whether or not it has been modeled into a ball or other shape, or left in its rough state. The rough forms I have seen are crystalline rods and slab formations. I have three "wands" or rods, one of which cost $6 and the others $10, ranging from 4" to 8" long, and about 2" wide. A selenite wand carved in the shape of a spiral with a fluorite base was $18, and a small (1.5" diameter) selenite ball was $32. The store downtown has a large slab formation costing $50. I believe that most Selenite is mined in Mexico and Morroco, and that the latter is more expensive. Selenite is fragile -- being a salt, the rods and slabs break easily and "shed" a white residue if handled roughly.

I don't know if Citrine deflects energies.

Ruby Red Slippers

Mystic Zyl:

Yes, Citrine is the same. I think a lot of people shy away from Citrine due to it's yellow/clear color. But it is the best in keeping negative energies at bay and increasing abundance, without holding on to negative energies. I have a bracelet I made for myself with citrines and magnets. I wear it everyday with the best results.

Selinite is also know as "natures aspirin". I use it in healing work with great results and have slept with it under my pillow some nights for a good nights rest.

RRS