PDA

View Full Version : selenite

TemperanceAngel
11-11-2003, 18:23
I checked the other threads first and couldn't find one related to this question:

I have an amazing piece of selenite that was a wedding gift. It is approx. 15cm long, 5cm wide and 3cm thick. It sits on my Tarot table and I put it outside most full moons.

The thing is I feel that it is used nowhere near to its possible potential.

What else can I do with it to utilize it more?

XTAX

Astraea
11-11-2003, 23:19
Selenite is remarkable. My understanding is that it cleanses sentient beings of inharmonious/incompatible energies; and it doesn't simply loosen the energies and send them on their way, but releases them into realms where they can develop their higher potentials. I am by no means an expert on crystals and stones, but someone in a metaphysical shop directed me to buy selenite after I had purchased something over the Internet which, when it arrived, had a very creepy, dark feeling. The man in the shop said that selenite does not absorb energies (it "refracts" them), needs no cleaning, and works to catalyze the highest vibratory rate possible at that moment for anything it contacts. I laid a piece of selenite on my purchase, and in 20 minutes it felt totally different. Based on my limited (but dramatic) experience, I think that the man who helped me is correct. He said that he has pieces of selenite all over his house, and also calls upon it for scrying.

Edited to say: don't wash or soak your selenite -- it is a salt, and will dissolve in water.

TemperanceAngel
12-11-2003, 11:11
Wow, how amazing, I have never thought of selenite in that sense. Thanks for that.

Now that I think about it sometimes I place my tarot deck on it and it feels so much better after that.

XTAX

Aura Wolf
12-11-2003, 13:06
Nifty ;)

Pollux
27-11-2003, 19:02
I just received one as a gift from Tunisia, a present from a colleague of my mother - a "Rose of the Desert".
It is AWESOME!

And I think it was trying to contact me beforehand, as when I saw it I had a sort of dejav¨. Yesterday I came back home quite late, my mother wasn't home and I knew nothing about the whole affair at all. But as soon as I detected the weird shape on my desk I think we "clicked" and it told me it all.
I remember Selenite as part of my recent dreams, and I also recall "talkng" with it as well, with its spirit, something like that... And when I woke up I decided I would go to a certain shop where I had seen selenite picks and choose one as Xmas pressie.
Now I see it had been calling me earlier than that!

I am so glad, it was a marvellous gift, unexpected and so appropriate (as I'm getting addicte to stones, everyone knows - even my mom's colleagues! LOL!)

:)

Astraea
27-11-2003, 22:55
Thank you for sharing this, Pollux -- what a wonderful way to meet your selenite, and vice versa! You will always know a very special bond with that rose of the desert.

TemperanceAngel
28-11-2003, 08:08
Pollux, I have never really thought of my selenite having a spirit, as such.

Your piece sounds beautiful and I hope it brings you much joy.

XTAX

Mystic Zyl
30-11-2003, 12:30
Is selenite expensive? I also heard Citrine does not soak up energy. is that true?

Astraea
30-11-2003, 23:23
Selenite can be expensive, depending upon where it comes from and whether or not it has been modeled into a ball or other shape, or left in its rough state. The rough forms I have seen are crystalline rods and slab formations. I have three "wands" or rods, one of which cost $6 and the others $10, ranging from 4" to 8" long, and about 2" wide. A selenite wand carved in the shape of a spiral with a fluorite base was $18, and a small (1.5" diameter) selenite ball was $32. The store downtown has a large slab formation costing $50. I believe that most Selenite is mined in Mexico and Morroco, and that the latter is more expensive. Selenite is fragile -- being a salt, the rods and slabs break easily and "shed" a white residue if handled roughly.

I don't know if Citrine deflects energies.

Ruby Red Slippers
30-11-2003, 23:34
Mystic Zyl:

Yes, Citrine is the same. I think a lot of people shy away from Citrine due to it's yellow/clear color. But it is the best in keeping negative energies at bay and increasing abundance, without holding on to negative energies. I have a bracelet I made for myself with citrines and magnets. I wear it everyday with the best results.

Selinite is also know as "natures aspirin". I use it in healing work with great results and have slept with it under my pillow some nights for a good nights rest.

RRS

TemperanceAngel
01-12-2003, 08:47
Originally posted by Ruby Red Slippers

Selinite is also know as "natures aspirin". I use it in healing work with great results and have slept with it under my pillow some nights for a good nights rest.

Yet another great use, thanks RRS, I will put it under my pillow when I am needing a peaceful sleep.

Mystic Zyl, citrine is the next stage of amethyst ie: if you heat amethyst, it becomes citrine.

XTAX

TemperanceAngel
04-12-2003, 09:26
Originally posted by TemperanceAngel
Yet another great use, thanks RRS, I will put it under my pillow when I am needing a peaceful sleep.

And so I did last night and had the best nights' sleep this week!

XTAX

Jewel-ry
05-12-2003, 17:15
Jewel-ry rushes to find her piece of selenite! A good nights sleep -

yeeeaaahhh

J:)

paradoxx
10-01-2004, 18:36
dont expose the crystal to fire either, it will break the stone into multiple peices, but the results are interesting.

There is a variation of selenite that is fused with brown sand and the sand will on more than one occasion form a general hourglass design. This is called hourglass selinite and is excellent for meditation.

I purchased a clear peice of selenite that looks like a triangular cap to a doorway to a roman or greek building. Its not perfectly symetric, but it is very natural.

Now I'm off to bed, with selenite on my table next to me. don't want the crystal to hide from me like my kyanite did.

notes on citrane:
Kyanite and Citrane are receptive and projective stones that do not hold or retain negative energy from what they interact with. hold in your hands and clasp together and imagine all the negative energy being neutralized. Note i said neutralized, not banished, thats up to you, the stones don't take it from you, they just help you deal with it yourself by realigning your chakras.

Moonbow
10-01-2004, 20:50
I have a selenite stone in the shape of a heart. It was recommended to me after I had a 'negative' experience (similar to Astraea's). This healer used the stone on me and I then did it myself - it really is an amazing stone (although I did feel a bit sick afterwards!)

I have also heard that it is nature's record keeper. That it holds old records! I suppose that's why its used in past life work - so I'm told.

Another thing is that if held to the third eye it will clarify emotions and thoughts.

Moonbow*

PS - Forgot to add, I love it because when I look into it, it reminds me of clouds - just love looking at clouds

TemperanceAngel
10-01-2004, 21:34
Originally posted by Moonbow*

PS - Forgot to add, I love it because when I look into it, it reminds me of clouds - just love looking at clouds

dreaming on...........XTAX

Agathe
10-01-2004, 22:32
OK now..I DESIRE a selenite :P

snuffy
11-01-2004, 01:38
Originally posted by TemperanceAngel
citrine is the next stage of amethyst ie: if you heat amethyst, it becomes citrine.

oh wow, after reading this thread, i'm going to be able to put all of my know-it-all chemistry friends to shame!

*evil laugh*

i'm incredibly ignorant when it comes to stones-- thanks, all, for giving me a selenite 101 :)

lunakasha
03-04-2004, 06:53
I just bought myself a small smooth Selenite stone, and it is amazing how calming it is....just looking at it makes me feel better! It looks very much like quartz or moonstone...I purchased it to help me with relaxation and deep meditation.....

I am anxious to hear from others who use selenite and can talk more about it...I really enjoyed reading this thread! :D

Looking forward to a deep, restful night's sleep too....ZZZZZZZ

:) Luna

Majecot
03-04-2004, 11:02
Hi Guys :D

I didn't really have a 2 cents to contribute but I did find a nice picture to add as well as an informative link ( but I think everything was already covered about Selenite)

http://www.takeaction.com/selenite-info.htm

lunakasha
04-04-2004, 03:29
Originally posted by Majecot
Hi Guys :D

I didn't really have a 2 cents to contribute but I did find a nice picture to add as well as an informative link ( but I think everything was already covered about Selenite)

http://www.takeaction.com/selenite-info.htm

Now come on, Majecot....those links were PRICELESS!!! :D

Thanks for the info....which confirms my feeling that I made an excellent choice with the selenite! :D

:) Luna

northface
17-02-2005, 05:21
Oh yeah exellent link Majecot! Thanks.

Im new here i just posted my introduction to new members area.

I bought selenite a week ago and my fisrt experience with it was quite nice. I meditated for an about an hour and then i rubbed my selenite with my thumb and suddenly i felt that im leaving my body in a rush and i felt like that wings are growing in my back. I dont know where i was going but it was taking me fast, i assume that maybe i was going to some previous life.. I had to use my mind to stop me from going cos i wasnt really prepeared and i was afraid that what if dont come back or be able to go back to my body. The energy from selenite was so enourmous that it took me a while to get back in my body. I barely got my fingers moving so i managed to get selenite out of my hand, after that i got back.

Has anyone here tryed selenite for accessing past lives? What┤s it like? Do you get back to your body the same way like in astral travel by thinking it? Is accessing past life safe? Anything that i should know of? Im gonna try it soon again. After all the quick suprise that selenite gave me it felt really good to be out body.

Sorry for my bad fluent, english is not my native language. :)