amethyst

sedgeez

amethyst has always been a good stone for me, it always helps me feel at peace.

would it help me in a time of heartache and grief?

or does anyone know what stones would be best to use to help my heart heal from a loss?

thanks

ThunderWolf

Rose quartz is primarily for self-love, but it combined with the amethyst might be a good combination for you.

sedgeez

Rose quartz is primarily for self-love, but it combined with the amethyst might be a good combination for you.

thank you, i was thinking of rose quartz but the last time i used it i found it overwhelming. maybe this time ill be ok.

thanks

Hemera

I was thinking Aquamarine might be a good choice,too. Calming, soothing but also empowering. It is always my go-to stone and it has never disappointed me.

Hiding in Shadows

Around Christmas, I woke up one morning feeling a desperate need to find a piece of Lithium Quartz. I didn't know why, but I know to honor those urges. I obtained a pendulum and felt uneasy and worried when I found out it was a mourning stone. My mother passed away 2 weeks later. I ordered a few Lithium Quartz tumbles to carry. I have been using these in combination with an Amethyst pendant for the past few weeks. The results have been amazing. This combination helps you on an emotional and spiritual level. I have used Lepidolite in the past as well, but it does not work nearly as well. The pain is still there, and will be for a long time, but it has been a gentle transition. Hope this helps in your time of need.

shelikes2read

Around Christmas, I woke up one morning feeling a desperate need to find a piece of Lithium Quartz. I didn't know why, but I know to honor those urges. I obtained a pendulum and felt uneasy and worried when I found out it was a mourning stone. My mother passed away 2 weeks later. I ordered a few Lithium Quartz tumbles to carry. I have been using these in combination with an Amethyst pendant for the past few weeks. The results have been amazing. This combination helps you on an emotional and spiritual level. I have used Lepidolite in the past as well, but it does not work nearly as well. The pain is still there, and will be for a long time, but it has been a gentle transition. Hope this helps in your time of need.

I'm sorry about the loss of your mother. :(

You're taking the right approach. Nothing really exists that totally takes away our grief. That wouldn't be natural, anyway. (See: the unfortunates who abuse various substances in the attempt to self-medicate emotional pain away.) We HAVE to process our loss, in order to truly move forward in our lives, and that involves going through the five stages of grief. (Denial, Bargaining, Anger, Depression, Acceptance.) There's no avoiding those stages, not if we want to truly take a healthy path in recovering from our losses.

However, there's nothing wrong with using every tool available in order to HELP us process the loss. And this is where the crystals are coming in. Anything that helps us manage the various energies and emotions, while we are processing them, is useful.

I sure wish I'd known about lithium quartz as a mourning stone last year. My family went through multiple bereavements over the course of the year. Well, it's not too late to add it to the arsenal. Unfortunately, coping with bereavement is a part of life that we cannot dodge. Everyone with any amount of love in their heart is going to encounter it.

You and your family will have my prayers. I know it's a tough time you're all going through.

wildchilde

very well said, HIS and SLTR! grief is a necessary process and the crystals are only here to help us through that process in a more gentle and loving manner, not avoid it altogether.

I wish I had known about lithium quartz when I lost my baby at the end of last year. somehow this stone just completely escaped me. I think it is wonderful HIS that you were given knowledge of this stone in advance of your loss. So sorry to hear about your mother.

Since my loss process began, I have had a large rose quartz sphere and a piece of charoite next to my bed near my pillow. I suppose this combination is mimicking the effects of lithium quartz. It has definitely been a huge help. So keep in mind, sedgeez, that you can combine stones if you don't have certain things available or don't want to purchase more.

Hemera's suggestion of the auqamarines is interesting and, I feel, quite valid. I would say that I have been drawn to them since my miscarriage too. One caveat though, when you are still in the throes of grief, these can make you more weepy as they help you release your grief in a gentle sort of way. At least this is the effect they had on me.

As more suggestions, I would say that I have always found combining Rose Quartz with Rhodonite to be very effect when dealing with loss. (but again, more of a way of gently going through the grief, not avoiding it.) If you find Rose Quartz, or any stone, to be too strong for you, keep in mind that it is okay to only expose yourself to them in "limited doses".

On a related note, I also had a lot of hormonal problems (on going) since then due to the sudden drop in estrogen and other pregnancy hormones. Please consider consulting with a good herbalist to balance your hormones naturally and safely as this will really help with the emotional roller coaster. I have found a combination of Vitex compound and Dong quai to work wonders, however, your age and situation may call for something different. If you need something for that, a really good stone for hormone balancing is Turquoise.

(((((((((((sedgeez))))))))))) we are all here for you and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I wish I could do more for you but hopefully just knowing you are not alone in this will be of some comfort to you.

sedgeez

thank you all for your replies, and HIS im sorry for the loss of your mother, and wildchilde for the loss of your baby (i have found out this week my baby has stopped growing and im waiting to miscarry naturally)

i understand i HAVE to go through the grieving process, im simply looking for something that would just help me in those hard times.

thank you all for your suggestions and ill try them out.

thank you all for your help and support

:heart:

shelikes2read

Wildchilde and Sedgeez, you are in my thoughts and prayers, too. I'm sorry for both of your losses.

exotik1

rhodonite for heartache and grief

Rhodonite crystals are for grief and heartache. Im sorry for your loss *hugs*

And yes, amethyst is also calming and for grief:

~advertising and links removed by moderator~

and I would like to suggest "Mangano/Pink calcite" which is comforting and nurturing, and helps heal feelings of trauma:

I encourage you to select crystals based on what jumps out at you-book definitions for soothing heartache wont be as good as trusting what you naturally gravitate towards.

Love and Light,
farida