Chakra and Metaphysical Stones

FinShaggy

I am using different stones for use in Hindu rituals, and I thought maybe we could get some discussion started here.

What are your beliefs regarding crystal/stone energy, healing or spiritual significance?
Which stones do you have?
What do you use specific stones for, and which is your favorite kind?

I believe that the stones can open or close your chakras, and help direct the flow of energy in different regions of the mind and body.

I have Azurite, Labradorite, Peridot, Amethyst, Hematite & Carnelian.

I enjoy using Labradorite with my incense and keeping it in my pocket. Amethyst I feel is good with bhang, in reverence to Shiva as well as Hematite, Carnelian, Peridot and Azurite.

Tarot Orat

I definitely feel different when using different stones (either wearing as jewelry or keeping around my Tarot reading space or by the bed). It's nothing I could really explain to a skeptic who didn't think crystals have metaphysical properties but I just know there is something at work.

Amethyst is very important to me, partially because of the ancient belief that it prevents drunkenness (a methystos is Greek for "not intoxicated"). I'm a recovering alcoholic and wear an amethyst pendant that gives me calming, relaxing vibes (it feels like lavender smells, if that makes any sense); I don't feel the stressors and cravings like I used to.

Red and orange stones like garnet and carnelian are among my favorites; I like the strength and energy they provide. In my Tarot reading space I keep rose quartz spheres and an enhydro citrine wand; quartzes in general make me feel more receptive and open to the metaphysical plane. Clear quartz sometimes makes things a little too clear, I like it with some veils or inclusions so it's not as piercing.

FinShaggy

I definitely feel different when using different stones (either wearing as jewelry or keeping around my Tarot reading space or by the bed). It's nothing I could really explain to a skeptic who didn't think crystals have metaphysical properties but I just know there is something at work.

Amethyst is very important to me, partially because of the ancient belief that it prevents drunkenness (a methystos is Greek for "not intoxicated"). I'm a recovering alcoholic and wear an amethyst pendant that gives me calming, relaxing vibes (it feels like lavender smells, if that makes any sense); I don't feel the stressors and cravings like I used to.

Red and orange stones like garnet and carnelian are among my favorites; I like the strength and energy they provide. In my Tarot reading space I keep rose quartz spheres and an enhydro citrine wand; quartzes in general make me feel more receptive and open to the metaphysical plane. Clear quartz sometimes makes things a little too clear, I like it with some veils or inclusions so it's not as piercing.

I have never used the stones with Tarot, net time I have a deck (last time I had one was like 4 years ago) I will try it out like that.

I use my stones for something that not a lot of people use them for... I hope that soon more people will begin using them as I do though... I'll have pictures and videos or links to pictures and videos of what I do, posted here sometime this week probably.

shelikes2read

I am absolutely an adherent of the using various stones to correspond with and balance chakras. If you look at items on the homepage that's listed on my profile, you'll see that I often mention the chakra(s) that the gemstone item resonates with or boosts.

Lately, I've been combining crystals with various tones in order to balance my own chakras. I've also been using tones to cleanse crystals and, yesterday, my new car (yay :) ). Because the car has a bluetooth feature, I fired up the Chakra Balancing app on my iPhone and played the cleansing tone through the car's speakers for five minutes. :) I like the clean, bright energy that tone leaves behind. If you want to look the cleansing tone up online, look for 528 hz and C5. The Fluorite cabochons I've been working closely with and carrying around REALLY like that tone. They're very bright and clear afterward.

I'm making a personal project of working with those Fluorites because green fluorite works with both the heart chakra AND the mental abilities. It's nicknamed "The Genius Stone", and I feel like it's boosting both left-brain AND right-brain activity at once.

You know, I worked in IT for 15 years -- no wonder the fact that Fluorite assists the working of the left brain and the logic process appeals so strongly to me, lol... you can take the person out of programming, but you can't take programming out of the person. ;) Plus, logic and emotions NEED to be in balance. We can't be all one or all the other and live up to our potential. So I'm gravitating toward Fluorite, to help me keep a good head on my shoulders while I pursue all this energy work and delve into my creative side with the jewelry-making.

But I digress. (What else is new, lol.) Yes, I'm very interested in employing stones to work with chakras.

FinShaggy

I am absolutely an adherent of the using various stones to correspond with and balance chakras. If you look at items on the homepage that's listed on my profile, you'll see that I often mention the chakra(s) that the gemstone item resonates with or boosts.

Lately, I've been combining crystals with various tones in order to balance my own chakras. I've also been using tones to cleanse crystals and, yesterday, my new car (yay :) ). Because the car has a bluetooth feature, I fired up the Chakra Balancing app on my iPhone and played the cleansing tone through the car's speakers for five minutes. :) I like the clean, bright energy that tone leaves behind. If you want to look the cleansing tone up online, look for 528 hz and C5. The Fluorite cabochons I've been working closely with and carrying around REALLY like that tone. They're very bright and clear afterward.

I'm making a personal project of working with those Fluorites because green fluorite works with both the heart chakra AND the mental abilities. It's nicknamed "The Genius Stone", and I feel like it's boosting both left-brain AND right-brain activity at once.

You know, I worked in IT for 15 years -- no wonder the fact that Fluorite assists the working of the left brain and the logic process appeals so strongly to me, lol... you can take the person out of programming, but you can't take programming out of the person. ;) Plus, logic and emotions NEED to be in balance. We can't be all one or all the other and live up to our potential. So I'm gravitating toward Fluorite, to help me keep a good head on my shoulders while I pursue all this energy work and delve into my creative side with the jewelry-making.

But I digress. (What else is new, lol.) Yes, I'm very interested in employing stones to work with chakras.

I've never heard of Chakra tones, is it something like "Om"? I know that, when used at the perfect tone, is supposed to effect your environment.

I have a pretty cool new way to use Chakra stones that I will be posting about soon :) I'll post links to my pictures and videos for you guys :) (I do stuff on YouTube and other sites)

shelikes2read

I've never heard of Chakra tones, is it something like "Om"? I know that, when used at the perfect tone, is supposed to effect your environment.

I have a pretty cool new way to use Chakra stones that I will be posting about soon :) I'll post links to my pictures and videos for you guys :) (I do stuff on YouTube and other sites)

Every Chakra has sounds and musical pitches that resonate with it. The sounds are things like Eeee, Aaaaah, MMMM, OM. and others. Do you have a list of the sounds, since you are performing Hindu rituals?

I will have to try and track down the list of musical pitches. The list that I have is in a print book, rather than being in an online site I can post a link to. But I'm sure that the list is SOMEwhere online.

I have a couple of iPhone apps that play the pitches, either individually or in turn, to help balance the Chakras. In the absence of having a smartphone app, though, I've noticed that there are things posted to places like YouTube that play back Chakra-friendly pitches.

You can most definitely find YouTube posts with the C5/528 Hz tone. I found those myself over the weekend.

Let me do a little looking around for those Chakra tones, and see what I can find. If I come up with useful links, I'll head back to this thread with them.

shelikes2read

Here we go. I searched "chakra tones" on Youtube and got this:
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...579.3j3-1j0j1j3.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.TRvnkyjEiLw

I'm getting aggravated while trying to find a list of chakra tones that corresponds to the one I first read (in an Uma Silbey book called The Crystal Guidebook). The only listings I am finding are ones that indicate the Chakra notes, going from root to crown, as C, D, E, F, G, A, B.

But the set of pitches that I learned from the above-mentioned book is quite different from that. Here is a page that has the list of frequencies, in Hertz and Cents (a measurement I hadn't seen before), an illustration of the notes themselves on the Treble Clef scale, and a flash audio to click that will play each of the notes in turn.
http://www.sagemeditation.com/produ...a-chime.html?gclid=COXkv93sw7UCFQSg4Aode2gA0w

FinShaggy

Every Chakra has sounds and musical pitches that resonate with it. The sounds are things like Eeee, Aaaaah, MMMM, OM. and others. Do you have a list of the sounds, since you are performing Hindu rituals?

I will have to try and track down the list of musical pitches. The list that I have is in a print book, rather than being in an online site I can post a link to. But I'm sure that the list is SOMEwhere online.

I have a couple of iPhone apps that play the pitches, either individually or in turn, to help balance the Chakras. In the absence of having a smartphone app, though, I've noticed that there are things posted to places like YouTube that play back Chakra-friendly pitches.

You can most definitely find YouTube posts with the C5/528 Hz tone. I found those myself over the weekend.

Let me do a little looking around for those Chakra tones, and see what I can find. If I come up with useful links, I'll head back to this thread with them.
I've never looked into pitches. My main "Hindu" ideology follows the phenomenon known as "Shiva". The Chakras are just things I have been studying as a result of that.

FinShaggy

Here we go. I searched "chakra tones" on Youtube and got this:
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...579.3j3-1j0j1j3.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.TRvnkyjEiLw

I'm getting aggravated while trying to find a list of chakra tones that corresponds to the one I first read (in an Uma Silbey book called The Crystal Guidebook). The only listings I am finding are ones that indicate the Chakra notes, going from root to crown, as C, D, E, F, G, A, B.

But the set of pitches that I learned from the above-mentioned book is quite different from that. Here is a page that has the list of frequencies, in Hertz and Cents (a measurement I hadn't seen before), an illustration of the notes themselves on the Treble Clef scale, and a flash audio to click that will play each of the notes in turn.
http://www.sagemeditation.com/produ...a-chime.html?gclid=COXkv93sw7UCFQSg4Aode2gA0w
That makes sense, because I know "Om" is its own thing, so I'm sure the Chakra tones aren't just on your average piano. lol.

shelikes2read

That makes sense, because I know "Om" is its own thing, so I'm sure the Chakra tones aren't just on your average piano. lol.

Exactly. That C-D-E-F-G-A-B thing has got to be a Western Hemisphere system, because other cultures have different notes and scales.

I actually sent for the Chakra chimes that are mentioned on that webpage, though I did a treasure hunt until I found the best possible price. So if you're in the mood to make that kind of investment, do some shopping around, and don't automatically click "buy" on the first site you see.

I already have a different Zenergy chime, one that plays Concert A (A 440 Hz), and I've used that for cleansing purposes, too. I cleansed my whole studio with that one, ringing it into all corners of the room. I'm exploring the fact that sound is a potent carrier of intention. Very interesting.

Next up, when I have the Chakra chimes, the 528 Hz tuning fork (the tone my Fluorites are so fond of :) ), and my existing A 440 chime, I'm going to do a bit of experimentation to see which tones work well with the stones I use for making jewelry. I figure that the same way some artists infuse the jewelry they sell with reiki, I can do some energetic infusing of my own via tones. The Fluorites came out of their cleansing session so bright and happy, that I'd love to have that sort of impact on all the other stones, as well.